• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These two comments made me chuckle. You guys have a good vibe in here.

Luckily, I don't have to adhere to a dress code. I mostly post in this thread because it's fun.

Oddly enough, my trousers are only hemmed a half inch above what would be no break. Before settling on how I hem most of my pants, I tried different lengths and found one I enjoyed. I'm also on the shorter side (5'9"), so a slightly shorter trouser, mixed with a good rise, helps elongate my frame. That said, I see a lot of dudes in New York with the tightest/highest pants on earth. It definitely doesn't look good.

Half inch above no break pants are called Capri.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From Friday

pVUIG0J.jpg

Corneliani quarter lined flax/wool coat, Barba pencil stripe shirt, Simonnot-Godard linen PS, Incotex cotton/hemp pants, Corneliani suede belt, C&J unlined suede chukkas

sLsHDPh.jpg

qgP3Zyo.jpg

HenaW55.jpg

LgpsmOP.jpg

:D

Coincidentally, I wore pretty much the exact same thing two years ago (yes, my stuff is old)

JcnpM.jpg

bwrdO.jpg

The coat isn't as shiny as the flash makes it look here.

This is casual that seems so natural and effortless--not one detail too many. The striped shirt is perfect.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great looks, kaplan and moo.

jester - i used to have those same sandals.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
From Friday

pVUIG0J.jpg

Corneliani quarter lined flax/wool coat, Barba pencil stripe shirt, Simonnot-Godard linen PS, Incotex cotton/hemp pants, Corneliani suede belt, C&J unlined suede chukkas

sLsHDPh.jpg

qgP3Zyo.jpg

HenaW55.jpg

LgpsmOP.jpg

biggrin.gif

Coincidentally, I wore pretty much the exact same thing two years ago (yes, my stuff is old)
JcnpM.jpg

bwrdO.jpg

The coat isn't as shiny as the flash makes it look here.
First time I've been wow'd by a casual look in quite a bit. Really like the textures and colors

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's somewhat embarassing the extent to which you're missing the point.

Please explain. I know that look is trendy in the #menswear realm, but it really doesn't look good and never has imho.
Agreed. I'd like to know the point as well. Not for argument sake, but to broaden my views on them. Maybe there is more I do not know.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JapanAlex said the bare ankle look was incongruent with a suit (by which he meant a formalish outfit since this isn't a suit).

But that's not a formal outfit.

I've got no interest in wearing floodpants myself since I think it looks dumb but for a guy who could likely wear anything to work and (in part) sells shoes for a living, it's not as if it's crazy to wear what he did.

As Tirailleur pointed out, if you'd going to #, that's not a bad way to do it. And context doesn't dictate otherwise - which was the objection which I found so misplaced.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO I think the original comment (high water trousers don't look good in a suit setting) missed the point because it implied that leftofthedial was going to be wearing this at some sort of business meeting, which clearly he is not. If I misunderstood that implication then I apologize. Personally, I would never wear pants like that (at my height I would look like I magically grew 4 inches overnight and I just put the same pants back on anyway), but I think Matt pulls off this look here quite well. Granted, I've been seeing him post fits like this for quite some time so maybe I've just gotten used to it and it now looks normal to me.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all context aside those high water pants look like ****...

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep, most definitely different taste...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads