• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More casual attire - not as hot, but just as humid (82F/28C, with humidity at at least 60%, with chance of rain).

Shirt & trousers - BB
Shoes - J & M

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shirt & trousers - BB
Shoes - J & M

I'll second or third or whatever the big shirt comments from before. I don't think tailoring will git 'er done. Both shirts from the last 2 fits have shoulder seams well beyond the point where the actual joint exists.

It's time to let the moths out of that tightly clasped wallet of yours, sir. Cut loose and buy their 'Slim Fit' shirts in a smaller size!

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Yes, I am spending your money. :lol:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking good, stanley.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll second or third or whatever the big shirt comments from before. I don't think tailoring will git 'er done. Both shirts from the last 2 fits have shoulder seams well beyond the point where the actual joint exists.

It's time to let the moths out of that tightly clasped wallet of yours, sir. Cut loose and buy their 'Slim Fit' shirts in a smaller size!

Yes, I am spending your money. :lol:

Any new shirts that I've bought from BB have been their Slim Fit models, but for patterned buttondown shirts, I'm working through my considerable back catalogue.

As I know that you're someone who has also made a considerable weight loss (much more considerable than my own, if I recall correctly), you're speaking from a personal perspective, and in a positive way.

Now, if I can just find shirts in patterns that I like in a slimmer cut . . .

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apologies for the crazy eyes and dark-ish photo:

Epaulet
Carmina
Barney's tie
Post Imperial square
If #menswear where mafioso rap you would be the Clipse. Yeah every rapper is rapping about coke... But they don't rap about coke THIS WELL...

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If #menswear where mafioso rap you would be the Clipse. Yeah every rapper is rapping about coke... But they don't rap about coke THIS WELL...

Except for (No) Malice doesn't rap about pushing weight anymore, unfortunately.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The offers I have received on the shoes have come with conditions attached that I am not prepared to meet at this time (nor can I disclose here).

TELL US NAOW!!

at least tell us what miran offered/demanded.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like this a lot...

Ernie

Reaction score
So do I. Need to get more coloured pents.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Matt works in the Manhattan shop and a nicer fella in the city you'd be hard pushed to meet!

(Sorry if I outed you there Matt!)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads