• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hot humid day in Charlotte

Tried my new Peterlee linen sports coat today. He did a good job at making it very comfortable and casual.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hot humid day in Charlotte

Tried my new Peterlee linen sports coat today. He did a good job at making it very comfortable and casual.
Very nice fit. I love the shoes (Alden?) and jacket (not familiar with Peterlee). Everything fits you very well. I'm confused as to why you're wearing a cardigan and a jacket if it's hot and humid out. I probably would have just went with the jacket. Also, I think the color of the bow tie is too light given that everything else is so dark. I think a darker bow tie would frame the shirt better.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice fit.  I love the shoes (Alden?) and jacket (not familiar with Peterlee).  Everything fits you very well.  I'm confused as to why you're wearing a cardigan and a jacket if it's hot and humid out.  I probably would have just went with the jacket.  Also, I think the color of the bow tie is too light given that everything else is so dark.  I think a darker bow tie would frame the shirt better.    

I work in a climate control lab, so I wear sweaters all year round. I actually took the jacket off and put it back on for the pic.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stitchy, a slimmer surcingle belt would have been better if you want a casual belt.
Also, it should be in navy. The tan contrast is too much

thanks for the rec, dude. but i like contrast between belt and pants. this belt tho, was clearly a phail.

Stitchy, we're gonna have to work on your casual game (biz wardrobe looks most excerent (aw, that was before your time))
Belt looks nice in theory but I think it's too long. Either shorten or wrap over the loose end and tuck between belt and pants.
Actually, take a look at Mr.K for some casual looks since I think his sort of vibe could work for you. Even look up Phat Guido (RIP on SF, check his blog?)

thanks, mang. all my games need help, but i dont think my casual game is as bad as some of this fit lends peeps to believe. however, on styfo, its not what have you worn well before, its what have you worn well now. either way, solid points.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sitch, they have a khaki belt too

BT6832U__38040.1358468746.1280.1280.jpg

Basically, the formality of the rest of the outfit doesn't fit the belt you currently have.

The surcingle is slimmer and more refined

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the rec, dude. but i like contrast between belt and pants. this belt tho, was clearly a phail.
thanks, mang. all my games need help, but i dont think my casual game is as bad as some of this fit lends peeps to believe. however, on styfo, its not what have you worn well before, its what have you worn well now. either way, solid points.

I think that MC casual is much more difficult than MC dressed up style. There are too many levels of MC casual where it can be dressed up more or less but I feel like with dressy its much easier to put together.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sitch, they have a khaki belt too
BT6832U__38040.1358468746.1280.1280.jpg

Basically, the formality of the rest of the outfit doesn't fit the belt you currently have.
The surcingle is slimmer and more refined

that is WAY better. had i been using my brains, i would have worn a thick casual leather belt though, and then i think the whole belt fiasco would have been moot. my fault for being a doofus.

I think that MC casual is much more difficult than MC dressed up style. There are too many levels of MC casual where it can be dressed up more or less but I feel like with dressy its much easier to put together.

i hear ya kind of, but ime, the area where you put forth the most effort is where you will do best. if i spent as much time and money on my casual clothing, id have more consistent success. but since that is not how i generally dress, that area of my wardrobe suffers. in time i think it will get better as i absorb feedback and make changes, like based off of what i heard today.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AS, they're green cotton/linen chinos. I think they'd be right up your street, although I'm certain you'd prefer a slimmer cut.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i hear ya kind of, but ime, the area where you put forth the most effort is where you will do best. if i spent as much time and money on my casual clothing, id have more consistent success. but since that is not how i generally dress, that area of my wardrobe suffers. in time i think it will get better as i absorb feedback and make changes, like based off of what i heard today.

I agree with you Stitchy for sure. I definitely dont spend as much on my casual wardrobe. I have tried to spend money on casual stuff but it never gets as much use which sucks. I do have to wear a tie so my casual tops game is light. I will try to pay more attention to my mens casual clothing.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shakespeare festival in Southern Utah. Hot today.

Hat: Brent Black

Pants: Land's End linen

Shirt: RL silk/linen blend

Shoes: Trask white suede bison leather

Watch: Vintage Seiko chronograph.

Sunglasses: Costa del Mar

(In response to comments about the shirt.)

I thought about a linen long sleeve in light blue, but the two shirts I have that are like that are both French cuff, and I wasn't sure the rolled up sleeve look would work with French cuff shirts.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Don't like that shirt. It's the billowy fit,"pancake" collar, and short sleeves. Very dad / Dwight Shrute

I've never seen a short sleeve button up shirt that looks good

Why not a cotton-linen longsleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled?

http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/index_en_usd_114.html

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads