1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Are you doing your residency in Beantown? I work at one of the hospitals here. Can PM you where if you want to know.

And yeah, I'm keeping my eyes out for schotts.

2. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior member

@ridethecliche Say again? I'm not sure I understand the specific question. But the Rothco lightweight M-65 is awesome. Size down, though. I fit my size S one over a sport coat easy, even though it doesn't have the baggy pirate sleeves of the original mil spec M-65. (I'm 5'10", 170)

It's good sized around middle but has the drawstring, though a heavy elastic string would be nicer than the fabric one it has. Can get em online, though. I pinned mine to the jacket so it doesn't budge.

I'm thinking of getting another one in green and waxing it (or maybe not!). It's at best a windbreaker though. No lining at all. Waxed, it will help keep the wind chill off if you layer underneath, but that's about it.

Worcester, MA in the winter, probably no, but the other 3 seasons very useful.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  3. ridethecliche

I got a j crew jacket like that recently, ie m65, and it's too tight when zipped up, but okay when buttoned. Might make the buttons a but looser or just resign myself to only wearing it open. It's a medium haha.

I was mostly asking if you had issues zipping yours up.

4. thefoxtooth

Oh, I see. No, none. I'd have to gain quite a bit of weight before that was an issue.

5. thefoxtooth

Also, you could install an elastic drawstring and cinch the hell out of that sucker if you wanted.

But with the string loose it's quite roomy. No diff buttoned or zipped.

6. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I sometimes wear my gym shoes to wal-mart. No fcks given

1 person likes this.
  7. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

@thefoxtooth Is this the field jacket you have? Mind re-posting the outfit(s) where you're wearing it?

http://www.rothco.com/product-details/rothco-m-65-field-jacket

This may be a very interesting alternative to my Barbour when it's not cold enough for the peacoat. I'm 6'0", 185 and wear a 42R btw. I usually wear a L. You think I should size down to a M?

8. thefoxtooth

Nope, it's this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8741-Rothco...3&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=161041969523&rt=nc

They also come in green and black.

I dyed mine brown and waxed with the Otter Wax bar (don't use any other kind). I have posted some waxing tips but just ask if you wanna wax it.

Green waxed would be pretty cool, too. I would definitely try a size M if I were you. M-65s run big anyway, and these follow the basic pattern only with no lining.

Oh, also the hood is pretty goofy stuffed in the collar—it looks like a balloon animal—so I cut it out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2015
    9 people like this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Nice video, foxtooth. Just watched it.

2 people like this.
  10. ridethecliche

My j crew jacket is a medium and fits very well, but is super snug zipped up. It's a medium. I think I'll live with it. Can't wear anything thicker than a shirt under it. Looks good though. Ill try to snag one size bigger and get rid of this one in the future.

11. thefoxtooth

Cheers, thanks! Which one?

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

The one in the link in your signature line. Are there others?

---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    23 people like this.
  13. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Is that the youngest addition to the Stitch family? Cute! :)

1 person likes this.
  14. thefoxtooth

^^^Very nice. I have some dove tropicals like that, only yours fit much better. I was young and foolish; must rectify.

What a cute little one!

I have a number of vids, this being the most elaborate:

AHEM, VENDORS: WILL MOTION DESIGN FOR MENSWEAR

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. NiceToHave

NiceToHave Active Member

@thefoxtooth - tried to find you on spotify but could'nt. Not there or am I searching wrong?

Great video and I really like your sound and songs! Is this an active "project" ie are you still turning out new songs?

16. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

@thefoxtooth This is very catchy. Great editing too. Did you do it yourself?

17. thefoxtooth

@NiceToHave @Darkside Thanks very much! Very pleased you enjoy it.

I'm not on Spotify—I don't have to get paid for everything I do, but if some Silicon Valley a-hole is making billions on the deal I'm afraid I have to insist on like a nickel or something.

A much better disruptive technology is Bandcamp, where you can find me.

If you listen closely to the latest season of Alphas or Hart of Dixie you'll hear me in one of the episodes. Bonus points to anyone who can hear me in Brokeback Mountain.

I do have some more stuff I'm working on, and getting back into playing a lot of live shows here soon. I'll try to let you guys know in a way that doesn't turn the thread into my promotional vehicle. Watch the signature line.

And yes, I did everything in that vid (motion design, audio production, etc.) except the strings and the drums, which were handled by the glorious Julie Pusch and by the, uh, Stuart Johnson, whose monumental talent is exceeded only by his exasperating flakiness. I do everything myself for a reason.

2 people like this.
  18. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Mostly Epaulet

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  19. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

NVM, sorry - wrong thread...

20. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator