1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Looks as if it is a ploy to make you given them your email... :)

2. ScooberJake

ScooberJake Well-Known Member

Yep, I like my Kroon from Nordstrom Rack. I have also seen them at Sierra Trading Post. If you sign up for their DealFlyer email you get some nice coupons, I have seen some Kroon jackets as low as $86. You just have to put up with daily emails. Interestingly, Sierra Trading Post also has some other nice stuff. Santoni and Isaia right now on steep discounts. The trouble is always finding your size.

3. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Those sneaky bastards...

4. FrankCowperwood

5. thefoxtooth

thefoxtooth Senior member

[​IMG]

Drake's
    Schott
    Pendleton
    Levi's
    AE

20 people like this.
  6. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Nice @thefoxtooth Very James Dean.... I like it.

Here are a couple of mine from these last few days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  7. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

Might be my fave from you to date, foxtooth. :fonz:

8. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

@Chulillo I love the red jacket - Belstaff?

@thefoxtooth +1 to everything. [​IMG]

9. thefoxtooth

Thanks, y'all.

Heh heh, decided to post without my usual StyFo questionable element. Glad to see the Schott go over nicely—that jacket and I go back a long way.

@Chulillo +1 on the red jacket; I'm also curious who makes it. My homemade wax jacket was born partly out of a desire for a nice Belstaff. If that homemade one had a proper belt, I wouldn't still want one, but alas it don't and I do.

10. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

+1 to the scarf

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

The Schott is nice, though the scarf is a little affected. Personally would prefer stacks over cuffs, too.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  12. thefoxtooth

I WILL DEFEND THAT SCARF TO THE DEATH

4 people like this.
  13. FrankCowperwood

Cuffs work here for me. The look is a little bit of a throwback and maybe I'm wrong but stacking seems more current.

+1for Drakes scarf. Believe I have the very one in orange. OSHA approved for increased visibility.

1 person likes this.
  14. thefoxtooth

Thanks, @FrankCowperwood .

My rules are: for ankle boots like the Promontorys, I roll jeans up just off the top of the boot. For shaft boots like the Frye engineers I wore earlier here, I leave them down or turn them up once, rockabilly style, until they're not stacking too much.

I don't know why I like it that way, I just do. Unlikely to change any time soon.

These 501s are a tad long; it's been a while since I shrunk raw denim. They do not shrink 3" when you rinse and dry them; more like 2". Maaaaaybe 3" if you machine-wash and machine-dry the hell out of them. Thus the rolls are a little bigger than I like.

Next time I'll get 32", but I still love the US Cone Mills 501. Not cheap, but great value compared to LVC.

15. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thanks guys.

That waxed jacket is not Belstaff. I bought it in a shop here in my city. It is a Spanish brand called FORECAST. They started when I was a little boy making country attire and horse riding equipment. Now they are focused on menswear completely. They vary in style... very casual and some formal wear.

I bought this 100% cotton waxed jacket for about US $50 on sale, so to me it was the best deal of 2014 for sure. It is very well made, and I have used it in the rain and it Works well, you don't get wet, so that is a plus :)

They had this jacket in navy, Green, Brown and red... I hate myself now for not buying one of each... I keep going back every season asking if they have more of these but, to this date, they don't. :(

16. thefoxtooth

(gnashes teeth, wails)

You chose well, anyway. Red would be the hardest to get in another brand.

1 person likes this.
  17. thefoxtooth

It is not feeling like spring around here.

[​IMG]

Orvis
    Vintage Harris Tweed
    Levi's
    AE

16 people like this.
  18. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Yeah man... Portland is not switching over to spring quite yet. I'm wearing a merino sweater and my leather jacket today. This is what I wore in January.

1 person likes this.
  19. chogall

chogall Senior member

California is already in summer mode.

1 person likes this.
  20. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

I think so too. It was love at first sight. The thing is that I have not seen one person wear this color jacket around my city... ever... and everytime I wear it I get a lot of compliments. Even a guy that Works on a competing brand asked me where I bought it because he liked it a lot haha

Over here we have a terribly LONG summer (from may to november can't wear anything but polo shirts and chinos during the day or I die, literally haha) so I don't envy you at this moment. Although something tells me your summers are not as hell-burning as mine. I figure California is more mild temperatures and sunrise while ours is hot-as-hell-can-fry-an-egg-on-the-pavement temperatures and sunshine.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.