1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Crat

Crat Senior member

They copied it off some moron.

2 people like this.
  2. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

That was unnecessarily rude.

1 person likes this.
  3. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

4. JIMB

JIMB Senior member

Pretty sure this is an inside joke.

1 person likes this.
  5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Incredibly rude of you, Crat.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Schneider Juncus x Merola Gloves x Schneider Media Scarf x Buttero Suede Sneaks x Big Johns x Inglese Denim Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  7. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

I don't have any idea if this is an inside joke or not. I have been uploading my photos like that for years now and I am not going to stop doing it. So if someone is bothered, too bad.

3 people like this.
  8. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

@Newcomer, I forgot to comment on your outfit. Your peacoat is very original, I have seen them in that color but not with that texture. Do you have a close picture so we can appreciate more the details? Looks good.

Another collage for you guys,

PS. These are some very special wool cargo pants that are very warm and comfortable for this time of year. I think they will be one of my (if not the one) best buys of 2014, alongside my red waxed jacket and my green military jacket. Only time will tell.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

My only issue with the collages it that it makes the pics so small I cant really get a good idea of the fit. Would be better with a main pic in full size, and the detail shots in a collage, imo.

10. Darkside

Darkside Senior member

See now this is a valid concern.

Also, @Chulillo , where did you get that camel sweater? Fit is awesome.

11. jmeb

jmeb Well-Known Member

Some beautiful new-to-me kicks from a SF'er for a steal. Casual Fridays at the office means Levi's and wool roll-neck sweaters. The shoes are branded Charles Tyrwhitt but I'm 90+% sure they are rebranded Barker Professionals.

Winter in Denver is pretty great.

[​IMG]

12. Crat

Crat Senior member

Ah, the noobs dont get the joke.
    Well its because I've been a member here for longer and I have a higher post count. That is important data that should have been taken into account.

Also, you guys dont know NOBD.

Also, with such remarks being made maybe I should start posting more again

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  13. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

@Darkside the sweater is from Massimo Dutti, I don't know if you have that brand in NYC (I would guess you do, is from the ZARA group). And yes, they feel very nice and I get complemented a lot when I wear their sweaters (I have a bunch of them in differente colors, you will see if I stick around for a bit).

@in stitches if you click the pictures it gets bigger. To me is a matter of economy of time and space, much easier to handle an almost every-day "chore".

14. in stitches

Number one rule of SF. People are lazy. The best way to get people to see a nice full size pic is to post one. If you have the time to indulge in the menswear hobby, and post pics online, Im sure you could post a full size and the details in a collage if you wanted. In any case, no skin off my back, its to your benefit, not mine.

1 person likes this.
  15. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

@in stitches you may be right. I have noticed very little people comment on what others upload, althought everybody seems to watch the threads all the time due to the increasing number of views every time I log on.

Thanks for the advice though.

2 people like this.
  16. in stitches

No probs.

Fwiw, of all the What Are You Wearing type threads, this one has the least action. The WAYWRN for MC and WAYWT for SWD generate a lot more conversation about fits.

17. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

The WAYWRN for MC is the one for formal attire? I thought this was the most appropiate thread since it is about more classic casual pieces/outfits in a way; and the one for the Streetwear & Denim I don't know if the way dress would fit there... I'll check it out, thanks. Maybe I will have to move there...

18. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Taking inside jokes to another level. Intraforumal. : )

Sorry n00bsguys, we were just kidding. I might have been the first, or one of the first members here, to structurally post pics in a layout with details shots. But as Stitches said: the pics come first.

19. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Looks good Chu--I would like to see an increase in traffic with this thread, it certainly has a "purpose."

And I second seeing a collage, and full pics. Easier to check out your fits, I would enjoy seeing full-sized pictures.

20. Crat

Crat Senior member

Whats GuyS got to do with anything??

Yeah sorry, I was just stoking the dragon a little with you peeps. I think it was pearls before swanns tho.
    Oh heres a pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.