1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. warriortree

warriortree Well-Known Member

I don't like quitted vests, but the rest is awesome with very good fit

Today is not very casual

[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk

7 people like this.
  2. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

you should really just put a tie on that....it is too dressy to be casual...fix the PS and change the shoes too...

3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Disagree about the tie. V-neck sweater with a jacket and no tie is a pretty classic look. I do agree about the pocket square, though, as it seems out of place here.

5 people like this.
  4. europrep

europrep Senior member

I agree a V-neck or cardigan sweater with a jacket and no tie can work well, but not if the shirt is french cuff. French cuff requires a tie IMO.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Missed the french cuffs. Agree they seem out of place in a no tie sweater fit.

6. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

French cuff shouldn't be worn with sweater at all...

perhaps with sweater vest...but def not with full sleeve sweater.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Agreed.

9. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Newcomer is #winning

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have no problem with the FC shirt in that context. The links, however, could be simpler—and smaller... I'm biased, though, because I have only FC shirts. I keep thinking I'll try some barrel cuffs, but I can't pull the trigger.

11. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

I'm just unsure what's going on in WT's photos. In the first the jacket seems very long with a low buttoning point. In the second it seems very long with a high buttoning point. In the third it looks fine. I have no issue with the links, beyond colour, and the dogma that they should only be worn with suits and never with button down shirts (if it is). I think the square is also fine - if a little flamboyantly displayed - and the moulded-sole shoes are OK - even if a little more casual than the rest. All in all, if it passed you in the street you would think it was well put together and, like Chulillo, the chicks no doubt dig it.

12. warriortree

warriortree Well-Known Member

Is a sweater vest not sleeved one

Thanks for the opinions, i never use tie... And i don't know why ps is out of context here

Enviado desde mi zapato con Tapatalk

13. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Thanks bro, much appreesh

14. forex

forex Senior member

I must be the only one who dislikes it. It looks like you are wearing a small jacket and this doesn't look good at all. It is neither a sport coat nor a cardigan so I don't really understand its purpose. Granted, it did look good on Greg for some reason, maybe because he had the right size.

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

It does seem quite polarizing! So far, IRL, it has pretty good reviews. It is definitely a neither fish nor fowl type of piece. Personally, I like it, but I understand why many might not!

Greg is wearing his oversized, mine is more TTS.

Are you intimating that it is not the right size? It certainly fits on the shoulders, sleeves, etc. And I am being serious, of course, I always welcome criticism.

Here is another pic from that day.

[​IMG]

I can understand the feelings buttoned though, it is a bit tiny. Honestly though, it almost hits the bottom of my butt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

A shoe is also neither a sport coat nor a cardigan - still has a purpose... It's a knit jacket - a softer, more casual piece than a sport coat. I think it's the right size but right now, it looks like it is sitting like a feather on Newc's shoulders, almost pulling back - it needs to mold a lot more to his shape and shift that balance to the front. In other words, it needs a good, strong tug on the lapels/front.

Also, don't be afraid to pop the collar up and see how you like it like that.

1 person likes this.
  17. chogall

chogall Senior member

I don't know anyone whose butt ends a few inches higher than their crotches.

4 people like this.
  18. forex

forex Senior member

I didn't mean to say that it has no place in one's wardrobe. It is an interesting piece and I like coats that are totally unstructured and fit like sweaters. I think the real issue is that it doesn't fit him well, one issue I see with the fit as you pointed, it doesn't sit right on New, maybe it does need to mold on him. Also agree that it would look better with raised collar.
    Apart from this, the coat looks too short on him and the fact that he is wearing dress pants is exacerbating it. Maybe it would look better worn with jeans, very casually and with raised collar.

19. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

i like it, but looks way better unbuttoned.

2 people like this.
  20. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

I wore it popped the other day, I liked it. Again, I really enjoy it, and (if my experience with other knits serves as an example) after a dozen or so wears, chances are it will start to drape better, fit a bit looser, etc. I think every knit I have ever owned has had a bit of a break-in period. And I agree Greg, the balance is a bit off... I am just going to keep on wearing it to be honest. It is a very nice, comfortably piece, that I really enjoy wearing.

The fabric certainly has a good bit of give.

And I like it unbuttoned as well, much, much better.