1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

[​IMG] Looks pretty "old mannish." Your bottom half looks like a nurse. Something brighter and/or more contrast would reduce the Mr Rogers vibe. If that's what you were going for, ok. (But maybe unwise.) Possible fixes: Maybe white shirt, or striped shirt Brighter or darker tie Kill the white pants white shoes (Darker blue pants would look better, brown shoes would look better)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  2. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

My monitor may be off, but does the SC have a tint of peach to it or is it straight up beige?

A very nice combo regardless.

1 person likes this.
  3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

aside from the white shoes, i like it.

4. JHT652

JHT652 Senior member

Straight up biege... And thank you very much :)

5. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Thanks, man. My SWD fits need a lot of work, but per your request:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the well wishes!

From a few days ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EG/Kamakura/Luxire/Alden

11 people like this.
  6. in stitches

very nice.

also, i never store anything in my pants pockets. jacket and coat pockets only, or if needed, in my filson.

7. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Great Jacket

8. archetypal_yuppie

So if you go out in just a polo shirt (or whatever) and pants, you have to take your filson with you to carry your stuff like a purse?

9. in stitches

perhaps i should have clarified, i dont carry anything in the pockets of dress pants. when i wear more casual pants, like chinos, and i am not wearing a coat of any kind, --- begin edit --- and i am not going to work, so i dont have my filson, --- end edit --- i will use the pants pockets. i can handle it because most of my khakis are cut looser than my dress pants, partially for this reason. i never wear polo shirts though.

question, why must you almost always include a dig/snide remark in your posts. like the last part of the one above. i really is less engaging and a put off.

2 people like this.
  10. archetypal_yuppie

I don't think I always do (oh you said almost). But your point is taken. The reason, in this case, is that I am highly skeptical of the super-duper tight pants trend. I think people think fitted looks good, and then they think more fitted is more good, and then they're effectively wearing yoga pants, and I think it looks ridiculous (and is impractical). So my commentary on this issue has indeed had a dissuasive vibe to it. I'm trying to change the world here.

I know it's not making me any friends, but skeptics like me help keep the pendulum from swinging too far.

2 people like this.
  11. in stitches

well, with the exception of a very specific body type and a very specific swag, i agree that the super duper pants brigade aught to be stopped.

i would not say that i wear super duper tight pants, but all the same, i do not like the line created by storing things in pants pockets, and as a wide hipped person as it is, adding bulk to my thigh area by putting things in my pockets is both uncomfortable and unsightly.

i can appreciate what you are trying to accomplish, and i think it is important that the forum have a range of opinions, and not a community of mindless back-patters, but i think you could easily find a way to convey that with a slightly less negative tone, and for me, it would create a much more inviting vibe towards discussion and debate, as well as keeping said debates from getting side tracked with pissing matches.

just my thoughts.

1 person likes this.
  12. archetypal_yuppie

But I am awesome at pissing.

1 person likes this.
  13. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

In some circles, were that a literal statement rather than a metaphorical one, you might become exceedingly popular.

14. archetypal_yuppie

15. in stitches

16. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Apparently, Robert McNamara had his suit trousers made with no pockets. Then again he likely had someone around to carry his stuff.

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

I rarely carry anything in my pants pockets.

18. DonCologne

DonCologne Senior member

Linen trousers, Luxire shirt, Panama hat and Crockett&Jones suede loafers

[​IMG]

21 people like this.
  19. Stiva

Stiva Senior member

DC, about the best I've seen you look. The bit of taper (I think) in the pants is flattering. Any tightness in the pants I attribute to hands in pocket. Rise is correct with no jacket. Fabrics complement each other - although I think an oxford button-down shirt in the same shade may have been better. Colours are classic. The roll up on the sleeves is just right. Belt works. The hat and profile is great. Crown size is perfect for the head. Louche in a good "Tailor of Panama" way. Summer suits you dressed like this. Excellent job.

1 person likes this.
  20. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I agree with what is said above! Wish I would rock a Panama with such style!

1 person likes this.