• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ohdannyboy

Reaction score

Woke up late and couldn't post this before work. So here it is now.

two points that I see
1) while all my jeans are effectively 501's by measurements, actual 501's sorta fade excessively.
2) pocket square? good,bad, ugly? (possibly both bad and ugly)

if they're not 501s, what kind of jeans are they? btw, i like the look, though i agree that somewhat less structured shoulders would look better. it appears we have similar skin tones, so i may just have to totally rip this off one day

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, thanks for the comments!

^^ I like it.
But I still stand by my previous statement that such structured coats with strong shoulders don't look right with jeans or casually period.

I will never disagree with you on this point. I just own 0 non-structured jackets. I am looking and will pounce when something in a 40L shows up.

Why so serious about fading? It is what denim does. Ditto 501's: I like them, I like others, but why do your have to be 501s if they aren't 501s?
Looks like a not so evolved version of NOBD, actually. Thats a compliment. Well, not the less evolved- but everyone should have something to aspire to.

Not so serious, it's just that they turn "grainy" in a bad way. Starts looking like the stuff I wore when I was a kid. In the 80s. Some other jeans I own tend to have a smoother look to them as they fade, which I find just look, well, less cheap.

if they're not 501s, what kind of jeans are they? btw, i like the look, though i agree that somewhat less structured shoulders would look better. it appears we have similar skin tones, so i may just have to totally rip this off one day

These are, actually, 501s. In the rigid rinse about 6 months in.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

White? Really? I always thought that was the worse sin.

With that outfit, god no. There's nothing wrong with a white undershirt in general. Just would look horrible there.

I'm sure the grey looked better IRL. Just something about it in the picture that looked to matchy matchy.

kiton Jacket
Brioni Polo
Brioni Pants
Ferragamo loafers

You've got some brass balls to pull that color off.

I didn't know this thread existed...Perhaps MC could provide me with some advice. I posted this fit in streetwear a couple days ago and there was some discussion over wether the parka is to big. Thoughts?

Fix the hair. It looks like you're auditioning for the Hitler youth.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

listen here dig. if you mean this thread thats one thing, but if you mean the forum please dont. leave DT in DT. in fact imaybe dont even go there, i bet half the forum never enters. its a crazy place where douchebaggery knows no bounds. i have felt the way you feel in the past but in the end the forum has so much to offer its really not worth leaving over a few asshole comments in DT. and fwiw most of those guys are just ball busters and are actually very nice dudes.

They do indeed seem to be the type of people who wold cause one to cross to the other side of the street on a dark night in London's seedy underbelly... j/k all you DT guise! :lol:

What happened in DT? I never even go there. Leaving will be good for you, since you've learned how to dress already. Less temptation to buy things. But at the same time, we will miss you here, so you might want to think about others, not just yourself.

Truthfuly, I need the visual input this place provides to continue with teh manorexia. Oh...that's still thinking about myself, isn't it?

nothing new, just the old DT douchebaggery. and i for one hope he doesnt leave. there is always more to learn. and you finish that it becomes time to teach.

As in, "Those who can't do, ..."? Lulz.

I haven't followed any of that. I thought you were joking, hence my smiley. Sorry about that, Dig. Stick around please.
No need for apologies. I took it as you intended. And since you said "please", ...

Has anyone hated on me in DT? I love negative attention so link it here please.

I feel quite safe in stating that the likelihood that they even know you post here is minimal, at best.

Don't do it, Dig. You've made lots of virtual friends here who will miss you, myself included.
Thanks. That means a lot.
[QUOTE name=Thumbnail comments]
Slippybee

acridsheep
"same here, I can't be the only funny one."

in stitches
"me too"

[/quote]
Thanks, guys!

i've quit forums before over ethical issues, but it really seems to me like this might be an over-reaction. give a second chance ... two-strikes and they're out.

I didn't feel like it was an over-reaction but given teh Spoo's threat to rescind my douchnozzle discount for his megathreads in the For Sale forum, I have reconsidered my decision to vacate the premises.

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You've got some brass balls to pull that color off.

clearly you havent met pt yet. that was pretty tame for him rambro

I feel quite safe in stating that the likelihood that they even know you post here is minimal, at best.

*ahem*

btw, im glad you have decided to stick around dig :fistbump:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Would you offer a few more details on this critique, Fuuma? I'm color-challenged and need help understanding how the shirt and the pants/shoes are working against each other. (Shirt looks dark brown on my monitor. If it's black, then I already see what you mean.)

1) I suck, I thought the dress shirt was black
2) I'd still switch slacks and get some mid-grey pants.
3) Don't over do brown with pocket square, pants, shoes, shirt. Too hardcore.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) I suck, I thought the dress shirt was black
2) I'd still switch slacks and get some mid-grey pants.
3) Don't over do brown with pocket square, pants, shoes, shirt. Too hardcore.

1) Not in the life of me. I own one black shirt that I got for a dancing performance. Never wore it since.
2) The pants are between gray and brown, so they work well here.
3) I have brown-red hair and a fair complexion. Brown looks awesome on me just like black looks awesome on you.

Liquidus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really... First thing I do is wash them. :)

Didn't you post another picture in this thread of a faded pair of APCs? How did they take to get like that?

Also, where is that cardigan in your picture from?

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't you post another picture in this thread of a faded pair of APCs? How did they take to get like that?
Also, where is that cardigan in your picture from?

donkerblauweginghamapcb.jpg

01apcnsoudennieuwvoorka.jpg

01apcnsoudennieuwachter.jpg

03apcnsoudennieuwvoorka.jpg

04apcnsoudennieuwgulpen.jpg

05apcnsoudennieuwgulpen.jpg

02apcnsoudennieuwachter.jpg

I just wear them a lot and wash them after every 6-7 wears.

The cardigan is S.N.S. Herning, model Stark.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

NOBD where do you get most of your shirts? They always seem to have a nice collar height/shape and create a nice 'V' shaped opening when worn unbuttoned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads