• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I had a lot of fit issues when I first posted on SF. I came out of the 90's and early 00's feeling good about full cut pants, pleats and more relaxed fitting sweater and jackets. The guys on WAYWRN all said "You look great". It was the guys on SW&D who were brutal but also the most helpful. They pushed me to go for a more trim cut on everything- jeans, dress pants, shirts, sweaters and jackets. That really helped me. I would recommend that you go for more fitted clothing. It will take time, but I bet you will get good feedback. Good luck.

thanks psg. yes thats where im headed and all my newer items are in that direction. but its not quite a wardrobe yet so i gotta wear the pre-sf stuff too. also ive had that sweater for almost 9 years. :inlove:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got a few loose ends to tie up but it would appear so. Thanks for asking!

listen here dig. if you mean this thread thats one thing, but if you mean the forum please dont. leave DT in DT. in fact imaybe dont even go there, i bet half the forum never enters. its a crazy place where douchebaggery knows no bounds. i have felt the way you feel in the past but in the end the forum has so much to offer its really not worth leaving over a few asshole comments in DT. and fwiw most of those guys are just ball busters and are actually very nice dudes.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened in DT? I never even go there. Leaving will be good for you, since you've learned how to dress already. Less temptation to buy things. But at the same time, we will miss you here, so you might want to think about others, not just yourself.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What happened in DT? I never even go there. Leaving will be good for you, since you've learned how to dress already. Less temptation to buy things. But at the same time, we will miss you here, so you might want to think about others, not just yourself.

nothing new, just the old DT douchebaggery. and i for one hope he doesnt leave. there is always more to learn. and you finish that it becomes time to teach.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't followed any of that. I thought you were joking, hence my smiley. Sorry about that, Dig. Stick around please.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Has anyone hated on me in DT? I love negative attention so link it here please.

i dont think so, but i can hate on you and your stupid awesome leather jackets right here if you like. :)

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread was very helpful in that it made me realize that dressing well does not always mean conservative business dress or even neckwear in general. :lol: I'm glad to have been part of it. Thanks.

Don't do it, Dig. You've made lots of virtual friends here who will miss you, myself included.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've quit forums before over ethical issues, but it really seems to me like this might be an over-reaction. give a second chance ... two-strikes and they're out.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know this thread existed...Perhaps MC could provide me with some advice. I posted this fit in streetwear a couple days ago and there was some discussion over wether the parka is to big. Thoughts?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't know this thread existed...Perhaps MC could provide me with some advice. I posted this fit in streetwear a couple days ago and there was some discussion over wether the parka is to big. Thoughts?

hard to tell. mut just be sitting too losely on your shoulders like its falling off. try a pic with it yanked up proper and it might be fine.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woke up late and couldn't post this before work. So here it is now.
10_18_11_overall.jpg

two points that I see
1) while all my jeans are effectively 501's by measurements, actual 501's sorta fade excessively.
2) pocket square? good,bad, ugly? (possibly both bad and ugly)

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I like it.

But I still stand by my previous statement that such structured coats with strong shoulders don't look right with jeans or casually period.

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

two points that I see
1) while all my jeans are effectively 501's by measurements, actual 501's sorta fade excessively.
2) pocket square? good,bad, ugly? (possibly both bad and ugly)

Why so serious about fading? It is what denim does. Ditto 501's: I like them, I like others, but why do your have to be 501s if they aren't 501s?

Looks like a not so evolved version of NOBD, actually. Thats a compliment. Well, not the less evolved- but everyone should have something to aspire to.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads