1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I was wondering the same thing about that Barbour. Mine fits quit generously but is still comfortable and functional. But when I saw that picture I began thinking about what my tailor might be able to do...

2. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Interesting CD I have that one too, mine comes a little longer.

Have you seen the Barbour thread?

3. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

No need to boast, Cleav. [​IMG]

4. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

:rotflmao:

Believe me mate it's all in the tailoring!

5. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

I have not, my thread participation (and post count) is rather limited. Are you sure you don't have the Eskdale? That is the longer version of the Liddesdale.

@SeaJen , @Michigan Planner - are your jackets both unlined? This one is just the outer quilting, although I believe there are some lined versions that might add to the bulk.

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts today. :)

(I hate LA weather. Because of it I never get to wear any good clothing.)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. SeaJen

SeaJen Senior member

Just the quilting. Perhaps I'll throw mine on this afternoon and get a pic - it's in my car.

8. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

That Liddesdale, If bought from End it is surely a slimmer version, probably the Heritage Liddesdale.

9. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Next time Im in L.A we should link up Cotton, if you are game

10. Cotton Dockers

^Definitely. PM me if you make it out the armpit of CA (I can say that - I went to school in Stockton.)

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Cotton Dockers - I think you consistently put together some very nice ensembles, but usually your pants look a little too snug around your thighs for my tastes. If I can see fabric pulling and the outline of the pockets through the material, then it's too tight for me. Have you considered trying some more relaxed cuts? I only ask because for years all my stuff was too tight in the butt/thigh area, and just recently I started getting stuff that wasn't quite as snug, and I'm much happier since the change.

12. Cotton Dockers

Thanks, Beatle. That is definitely a problem for me, something I am trying to work on both pants-wise and weight-wise. I had a custom pair made by Luxire which generally worked pretty well, but there was actually a little too much excess fabric bunching that I will have rectify somehow on my next order.

Edit - any suggestions on brands/cuts @Beatlegeuse

Also, you and @Betelgeuse really need to have a sit down to decide who has to change their ID.

13. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I've been getting all my recent pants from Luxire as well. They've been working pretty well for me but I'm also working to rectify some bunching problems under the seat too. I'm waiting for my next pair to ship - they had some suggestions for changes that I added to help with that problem. I actually had them make some copies of Epaulet's rivet chino style for me with a higher rise and fuller legs. I'll post some pics of those once I get them back from the tailor (needed to fix the hem). I used to wear Epaulet's Rudy cut all the time but even those were getting too tight for me - I may try a bigger size and then get the waist taken in. I'm hoping after some more orders with small changes I'll be able to perfect my fit with Luxire.

And I have an earlier join date so I think I get to keep my ID! Hahaha

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

It's easy to recognize who is who. One is the famous character from the movies in combination with one of the biggest music bands of all times and mine is the star in the Orion Constellation near the shoulder. A big red giant star 600 light years from us.

See? Easy. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]
    Been out of circulation for a few days after crashing my bicycle, just a few bruised ribs left to remind my to be a little more careful!
    -TTO

13 people like this.
  16. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Hey guys. I got a new jacket from Gieves and Hawkes. It was on sale and I wanted something similar anyway. Thoughts on the outfit and the fit of the jacket please? As far as I can tell it fits alright and wouldn't really require alterations but I haven't acquired the kind of standard to be able to tell. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

IMO the jacket, and the entire combination, looks pretty good but could probably use a bit of shortening on the sleeves so that a bit of your cuffs will show.

18. southbound35

southbound35 Senior member

+1 on the sleeves. You could also clean up the back a bit. But, if it's going to be worn casually, I'd leave the back as it is.

19. Isolation

Isolation Senior member

Thanks. The sleeves are my fault; I didn't adjust my short properly when I put my jacket on I think. I think from the picture it's the shirt that's short not the jacket that's long? Here's a picture of the cuffs sitting down. It's 3/4 inch or so standing.
    [​IMG]

20. mrjester

mrjester Senior member

Outfit looks good.

As for fit, there's a separate thread for that. We try our best to not really judge the fit unless it's atrocious. For OTR, looks good to me.