• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

emptym

Reaction score
Some pics I took to assess the fit of some mtm pants and shirt from Luxire (loafers are Rancourt and belt I bought in Croatia in 1988):

inlandisland

Reaction score

Wearing a new Peter Lee. Just need the sleeves shortened.

I like your style, but I think the button stance on this jacket is way off for your body. I acknowledge that I'm judging from still shots, camera angle, etc., but it just looks too high.

Some pics I took to assess the fit of some mtm pants and shirt from Luxire (loafers are Rancourt and belt I bought in Croatia in 1988):

I'd say those pants look to fit very nicely.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like your style, but I think the button stance on this jacket is way off for your body. I acknowledge that I'm judging from still shots, camera angle, etc., but it just looks too high.
I'd say those pants look to fit very nicely.

Thanks, those are the kind of comments that actually help, unlike others.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I gave you the thumbs up in reference to the pants. solely the pants. I wouldn't want to be seen in this shirt not even while fishing nor lumbering.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the coat.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks guys about the pants. Luxire can definitely make a mean pant.

:laugh: at clapyron. I love the shirt. Might be my favorite summer shirt now. Lightweight, open weave, w/ unlined cuffs and collar. It'll be perfect for fishing or travel. Will probably wear it untucked w/ the sleeves rolled up and another button or two undone prob. w/ shorts

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crat, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, warm. One thing is not like the others...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
emptym, were those Luxire pants made from another pair of existing trousers you had, or did the make them off your measurements? If the first, how do the fits of the two compare?

emptym

Reaction score
Hey D. They've made me three pairs. One from measurements and two from an existing pair. Both types were done accurately. The one based off of measurements I posted here. I will definitely be getting more pants made by them.

They've also made me a completely unlined/unpadded/uncanvased cotton twill jacket and I'll be sending them more fabric for that (like some vintage woolen flannel from the tailor's daughter that I washed in hot water to make into a semi-felt). They seem to be able to make anything, or willing to try for sure. Mr. K sent them a quilted jacket recently for duplication.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I liked it better in your shot. In the blog pic, the blues are fighting each other.

i am teh disagree.

crat - coat is win

emptym - pants look great. i like the shirt. not love, but like. perfect for kicking it and chillaxin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads