• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Where is Rambo, and what have you done with him?

Hey, the poor kid deserves some credit when he does something well.

And don't you have a dance routine to be practicing?

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the SC is wonky, that's why there's so much cuff, but the SC could definitely be 1/4 inch longer (at least, in the sleeve).

Can't lie, this is pretty good.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In need of suggestions for casual shoes for me. I'm a 25 year old med student from Dallas. With winter barely hitting Dallas now I was trying to buy some casual shoes to wear with jeans and casual button-ups. I currently have a pair of beeswax Clarks desert boots, but want to add another shoe into the rotation. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

If it were me and I could one and only one pair of shoes that needed to work in a casual setting but could do double duty if I needed something slightly dressy, I'd buy the "tobacco" Alden longwing that J Crew sells. The color works very well with jeans and chinos, and it doesn't hold a glass-like shine which in my eyes, is about one of the worst looks I have ever seen when paired with jeans.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today, 63 freakin' degrees. Scheduled class trips all week to a local cemetery, couldn't have worked out better (though Thursday, Friday and next Monday may be a different story)

OK. When I "go", you can put me in a temple like this. :D

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sterlingwear Mil Spec coat
Outlier shirt
Baggy old pair of LL Bean chinos

A better picture of what the shirt fabric looks like:

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for poor lighting but you can get the idea. shirt is purple and navy check, sweater marbled charcoal fleece. The only aspect I dislike is the near black cuffs and bottom of the sweater. Wore AE wingtop boots.

^I love that shirt fabric CP

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/8245082422/

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah, i got it the day after thanksgiving for a steal. I was in between sizes so I got the medium as I find tight cotton sweaters to be annoying, not as much stretch as wool.

I recognized it from the sales section. Glad I didn't spring for it. I don't think it would have worked for me. Looks good on you, although not in combination with that shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads