• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
come on Mr. K jeans with a white line on the inside of the leg are only for young people! what were you thinking?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Mr. K., I like untucked shirts. Likeall except for the bodywaremer thingy. But then Again I never like them.
Pay no attention to casey's selfedge comment; I think its nice when old guys like you and NOBD wear selfedge jeans ;)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
40 is absolutely middle aged (early). And middle aged is the best aged.

Last edited:

PTWilliams

Reaction score

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
there's nothing wrong with a 40 year old wearing selvedge, but that Mr. K look is bad.

to wit:

* the sweater is a size too small
* the high crewneck looks awkward with a button down shirt, made worse by the clear tightness of the sweater at the hem and the way the shirt is crushed/folded there
* jeans are boring and characterless, and would benefit from being longer and less tapered
* vest is tacky in this context

the real problem with this (and like all of mr. k's fits), beyond everything being too tight, is that it's like the blandest most boring paint-by-numbers generic in fashion adult men's look possible. the appeal of raw denim is that it breaks in and fades in an interesting way, but these fits don't show that at all. just.. no character. to me it really epitomizes all the complaints that workwear inspired trends are some weird way for white collar workers to escape their office drone reality... just a weird mish mash of styles/cultures with no knowledge of the pieces' greater context or origins.

Last edited:

Oleg

Reaction score

Is 40 middle aged now?

Problem with the current fashion for moderately classic stuff is responses like you've just had. Looking forward the Hoxton set getting bored with Barbours so I can start wearing them again.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's nothing wrong with a 40 year old wearing selvedge, but that Mr. K look is bad.
to wit:
* the sweater is a size too small
* the high crewneck looks awkward with a button down shirt, made worse by the clear tightness of the sweater at the hem and the way the shirt is crushed/folded there
* jeans are boring and characterless, and would benefit from being longer and less tapered
* vest is tacky in this context
the real problem with this (and like all of mr. k's fits), beyond everything being too tight, is that it's like the blandest most boring paint-by-numbers generic in fashion adult men's look possible. the appeal of raw denim is that it breaks in and fades in an interesting way, but these fits don't show that at all. just.. no character. to me it really epitomizes all the complaints that workwear inspired trends are some weird way for white collar workers to escape their office drone reality... just a weird mish mash of styles/cultures with no knowledge of the pieces' greater context or origins.

You're ridiculous. He looks comfortably dressed for a casual weekend. His combination doesn't look pretentious or out of place, and it gives off a friendly vibe. There's nothing to analyze like you've done there. Please show us what you think is a good look at a similarly casual level.

Also, it's clear to me that you're a young, probably hipster guy who is way predisposed for SW&D than MC- It really seems you're failing to understand actual style differences from what you've got in your mind.

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
it's just always the same :( unfaded tapered dark selvedge jeans with a small cuff, alden shoes, a too tight MTM ocbd and a boring sweater.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

8195039137_0c705e4478_c.jpg

This is very good.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mousecop