• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rms340

Reaction score

Beijing still chilly. Pictures don't depict my luxurious golden angel like hair correctly. OP is definitely no ginger.

Later that same day I replaced the gettup with a less than $10 uniqlo navy turtleneck. channeling my inner NOBD

/SPOILER]
Deets on the SC? Also, what kind of shoes are you wearing?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I think the overall fit looks good but the jeans look like ass.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice fitting coat. Great casual look.

As good as the clothing is, I'm just as intrigued by the details of your hotel rooms--the ceiling molding etc...

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Deets on the SC? Also, what kind of shoes are you wearing?

Bespoke cashmere/wool herringbone SC. I experimented with the length as well as the buttoning point on this one. Didn't turn out to my liking if I'm honest. To me both buttons should be an inch higher, as well as the side vents should reach the same level as the bottom button. Then again the labour on this one was super cheap, so I still wear it without regret and 99% of people won't notice anyways.

Shoes are navy suede chukkas with crepe sole. Pre SF buy, still like em.

^^ I think the overall fit looks good but the jeans look like ass.

I absolutely love those jeans. After 6 years they look terrific and I've been told on numerous occasions that I have a nice butt in these. From men and women alike.
cool.gif

My future son will hopefully inherit those jeans.

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah, that's Chinese interior design. Gotta have them details as well as chandeliers, marble floor and gold everywhere. luxurious tacky that's how they like it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
does this count as "mc casual"?

not really happy with my business casual wardrobe. pants need to be taken in an inch, shirt waist is too baggy to really be tucked in, and v-neck is too short.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tegs - i would say yes. sweater blue or black?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

not really happy with my business casual wardrobe. pants need to be taken in an inch, shirt waist is too baggy to really be tucked in, and v-neck is too short.

i swear to god, this might be the first picture i've seen of you where you're not wearing shorts and a t-shirt. you actually look like an adult for once. nice work.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

my christian blood cringes at the thought

sorry buddy, but thats the look you have going on. trust me, i know it well. :)

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's nice to see someone around here wearing non-crazy socks.

Side note: Teger, you familiar with Shockoe Denim?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
no. is it a denim brand based out of shockoe bottom? (if I had to guess?) that's MIA and uses cone mill denim? priced between 150 and 300?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I google them and apparently I was right. I'm curious, but I don't really like cone mill denim and I don't have a lot of faith in these small batch local denim companies - they're hard to distinguish from one another, and because of their size either lack the top-notch detailing/hardware you can find on a premium japanese label, or have jeans that cost twice as much as they should.

also it took me way too long to find their address.

edit: also their house party pics kind of turn me off.. reminds me of the atmosphere at need supply parties, where 75% of the guys there don't really give a **** about clothes or fashion, and are only interested in dressing well because it's currently popular within certain subcultures. really boring. there's too much emphasis on 'atmosphere' at that level of men's fashion - who gives a **** about having concrete floors and exposed hvac in your production facility? i care about the fit, the detailing, and your pattern - not a specifically engineered image that was probably the product of an expensive marketing firm

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads