Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

yep. coming down soon?

2. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

This is closer to the SW&D side of the street, no? I think the MC Casual objective is more to look like a well dressed, fit dad on the weekend.

3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Thanks for the feedback all :)

It is a bad photo as the shirt doesn't look 3D in real life, just nicely Autumnal - I'll look to take a better photo soonish.

I have a light blue pencil stripe shirt so will try that out and the mid grey trousers, thanks Bourbon.

Haha at obviously liking it - I should explain that - I really like it, and mainly because of the Autumnal colours. My photo skills are apparent with a green jacket looking like grey flannel !

I take your point on the square, that patterned side of it is OTT, will not repeat.

So do you think hacking pocket jackets should never be worn with jeans? I love hacking pockets and try to have them on all jackets.

^ The jacket isn't that slim, it's a low photo angle. I'll get a tripod and retake photos quite soon and see what you think.

The jeans are quite boring but a good fit - would you want to see some fading details on jeans in this context?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Keep saying I will. Need a little more "Vice Mag edge" and a little more "Garden and Gun Mag gentility" than DC is currently offering.

5. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

^^

You struck more as a Field and Stream kinda guy.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

wait, you want to move to richmond? or just visit?

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

what dad wears a blazer with shined dress shoes and pleated pants on the weekend? or - better question - what dad does this and is not a douchebag?

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Ed, I'll consider that a credit to careful grooming of my online identity.

Teger, no. Just need a weekend trip that is not a larger city nor beach nor second rate wine country nor West Virginia

9. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

OCBD?

10. betep

betep Well-Known Member

Obsessive compulsive button down

or oxford cloth. Can't remember which one

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

:laugh:

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

if you do visit, and are going to stay in a hotel, stay at the jefferson. you really get a sense of white privilege and southern segregation that you miss in NoVa.

13. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

OK. I found this site by accident and enjoy the pictures. I took some pic's of myself and never really new what I looked like in different styles. I was depressed at what I saw. My pants are baggy, or too tight, rise is too long, the cuff openings are all to wide, my suit jackets are way too long and too large in the back and/or chest. I am the best dressed or one of the best dressed persons at work and most places I go- restaurants, the symphony, golf course, movies, dancing, etc. I actually get compliments. I am 68 years old. I am short (5'4") and weigh about 138, 30" waist, 26"+- inseam, short legs and long torso, large head and neck (16X30 shirts). I am very difficult to fit off the rack. After looking at my pic's, I took almost all my nicer clothes to a tailor on Saturday morning to the tune of $800+ in alterations for a suit, a sport coat, and 8 pairs of pants (lightweight wool). The tailor seemed to understand what I wanted and he used a lot of chalk. I will post some pic's for your comments when the alterations are done.

See what you made me do!

Cheers,

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Sounds like an appropriately named hotel. Do any of the local wenches offer a full Sally Hemmings experience?

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Whoa, man, too much internet in this post. Nonetheless, I will try to engage your substantive points:

Blazer: I don't own an actual blazer, but I do frequently wear a sportcoat on the weekend. I also wear other casual jackets. I like to have pockets for my stuff. I suspect I'm not the only one.

Pleats: Actually, this isn't a substantive point at all. If you're arguing that pleats have no place in MC Casual, you've fundamentally misunderstood the concept.

Shined dress shoes: What is a dress shoe? Most folks would look at my split-toe bluchers and say they were dress shoes, but in the MC tradition, they're more casual. They're also calf, so I would be inclined to shine them. I should not wear these on the weekend? Only suede or chromexcel for Saturday and Sunday?

Of course, it may be that I am a douchebag. Who knows?