• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
er, by pleats i meant to type 'creased'. whoops. the reason i think you'd look better with creased pants is it prevents the pants from bunching up at the ankle, and will make your legs look wider at the ankle, which is good with those elongated last loafers.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

er, by pleats i meant to type 'creased'. whoops. the reason i think you'd look better with creased pants is it prevents the pants from bunching up at the ankle, and will make your legs look wider at the ankle, which is good with those elongated last loafers.

to this, i agree whole heartedly. while the pants i was wearing, were creased, they were in dire need of a professionals pressing, to make the crease more pronounced.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage SC from thrift store.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kriebelen ze niet onder je oksels?

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fistbump.gif
thanks!
interesting. but tbh, i dont really get that specific when i buy things, as to purchase pants based on weather or not the opening is 7.5 or 8.5 inches. if i were a bespoke customer, probably, but right now, i think i am making plenty of improvement, things that are that nit-picky can wait. for now i focus more on making sure that items i buy are useful, and with a purpose of achieving a specific aesthetic.

Fit is surely a or the main part of any aesthetic, though isn't it? That's probably the first lesson you learn in SF.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
When I pronounce these words as if they were in German I can perfectly understand what you are saying

Kribbelts dich nicht unter deinen Achseln?

[Ist] In der Tat, gut hoch geschnitten, aber nicht unkomfortabel! F:-=(

I'm now going to put "fluent in dutch" on my résumée...
teacha.gif

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crat are your shirts MTM/bespoke?
What kind of collar do you get so the wings stay nicely underneath the SC?

clapey, I read "Gut hoch ausgeschnitten in der Tat, aber nicht unkomfortabel".

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sehr gut meine Herren, ich probiere es mahl auf Deutsch : )
Meine Hemden sind 'leider' alle RTW da ich ein Schnitt gefunden habe der mir recht gut passt.
Al meine Hemden kommen von Truzzi oder Mastai Ferretti. Beide gebrauchen dem selben Schnitt, glaube ich.

My shirts are all RTWs by either Truzzi or Mastai Ferretti. Both makers use the same pattern, i believe, which fits me quite well.

-edit-
wow, the message is quite a bit shorter in English : )

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kriebelen ze niet onder je oksels?

het jeukt niet de mijne

Fit is surely a or the main part of any aesthetic, though isn't it? That's probably the first lesson you learn in SF.

yes, fit is of highest priority. but as i said, if the only issue with a fit is the size of the leg hem opening, within an inch or less, i think the fit is doing quite well. when most people say fit i think they refer more to shoulders, chest, waist, and for pants, mostly the top half that it not be saggy, or too low a rise or too tight.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crat - i like. jacket looks awesome and perfect for fall.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crat, your German is very solid!
The only major mistake being "Mahl" = "feast", what you were looking for was "mal".
Everybody would have understood you perfectly and while I am able to dechipre some of your mother tongue when written down, I can't speak a single word.
So, hats off to you!

Also, your shirts look lovely and fit you very well. Would you mind taking a picture of one of the collars?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads