• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with the other posters in this case Stitch; maybe something like a light blue shirt would have worked better? It would have drawn the blue and brown together rather than pitting each of them against each other. Having said that, I love that SC, and am looking for one in a similar cut at the moment.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is it just me, or do those pants look rather baggy in the mid-thigh/seat area?

they need a little taking in at the waist/seat, but barely. you are noticing a shadow and a ruffle due to the way i was standing. kinda twisted my leg.

I agree with the other posters in this case Stitch; maybe something like a light blue shirt would have worked better? It would have drawn the blue and brown together rather than pitting each of them against each other. Having said that, I love that SC, and am looking for one in a similar cut at the moment.

thanks for the critique.

yeah, i love the SC. good luck, i hope you find one!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yard work day. Spirit of Shetland sweater. ("Admiral Blue") Ledbury shirt. LL Bean chinos. Wolverine 1000s

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks nice. though i am never able to do yard work in a sweater. even if its cold. i get all stuffy. lucky you.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

From yesterday. Have at it, gents!
a9azegup.jpg

same issues we've been posting about for awhile:

- as others have said, the color scheme is off
- the aggressive pattern of the shirt itself clashes with the overall muted, fall tones of the outfit
- pants still need a hem
- shoes still too sleek for the pants
- jacket sleeves look too long

the outfit would be infinitely better with a blue shirt, and creased grey pants hemmed with cuffs to no break with a wider leg opening.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

same issues we've been posting about for awhile:
- as others have said, the color scheme is off
- the aggressive pattern of the shirt itself clashes with the overall muted, fall tones of the outfit
- pants still need a hem
- shoes still too sleek for the pants
- jacket sleeves look too long
the outfit would be infinitely better with a blue shirt, and creased grey pants hemmed with cuffs to no break with a wider leg opening.

i am sorry, but i really do not see all these issues in this case.

- green and brown like a tree, blue like the sky. i think the colors are great.
- as i said, had all the items been muted, i think it would have had a very dull look.
- nope. i do not like zero break. i think it looks odd when i look down and its like i am expecting a flood. i know its the fave here, but its not for everyone. the break on these is quite minimal, and i like it.
- do not agree about shoes
- i think its the way my arms are bent, the sleeves are fine i am pretty sure.
- maybe, but i chose this shirt for a reason. as well, i chose blue pants instead of gray ones. essentially, you are saying, i should have worn a different outfit. had i wanted to wear gray pants and a blue shirt with this SC, i would have. i chose a different route, that i think is fine. also, the pants are creased, i think the shadow is hiding that.

i dont mean to sound dismissive, i have taken a good amount of constructive criticism, and i think i take it well. i just do not agree on this occasion.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with the comments around the navy pants and green shirt - these two items don't interact very well, particularly with the coat. All good elements but swapping either the green shirt for blue OR swapping the navy pants for light grey or khakis, would make everything look more harmonious.

So, not changing the whole outfit entirely but swapping one item would be an improvement.

Shoes are fine, break is fine if that's your preference, coat sleeves do look a tad long on this pic but hard to say for sure

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, even coming from you, i am not sold. i really think they worked well. but, in deference to the overwhelming majority, i will try the swap next time. gray pants and/or blue shirt. but i also will rock this combo again, too.

:)

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's coming from a guy who loves brown and navy (half of what I wear seems to be some sort of blue/brown combo). So I'm 66.66% on board with your outfit here ;)

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That striped green shirt has no business in that fit. I think Teger and gdl are on point with this one.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's coming from a guy who loves brown and navy (half of what I wear seems to be some sort of blue/brown combo). So I'm 66.66% on board with your outfit here ;)

:inlove:

i need to try blue on top, brown on bottom.

That striped green shirt has no business in that fit. I think Teger and gdl are on point with this one.

oh my ! ;)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheapo foofing to illustrate point

stitchy1m.jpg
stitchy2m.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lollersk8tz

that is quite good. wish i could do that. i was thinking more of a solid light blue, or a check. i dont love that blue stripe.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yard work day. Spirit of Shetland sweater. ("Admiral Blue") Ledbury shirt. LL Bean chinos. Wolverine 1000s

You dress pretty nice for a yard work day. My chinos would be destroyed if I actually tried to do much more than rake leaves in them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics