• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Occasionally I sport a dress shirt and tie at my university. I'm not sure if this fits in better with the Men's Clothing or Streetwear and Denim style more. I'm wearing a tie just because, not because I needed to, necessarily. I enjoy wearing them, and they're quickly becoming a hobby of mine. I'm ordering a midnight blue grenadine from Sam Hober as well.

[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]
Next time more fitted chinos in a slightly darker color (too close to your skin tone) and with less break, and a more colorful OCBD preferably with some pattern to it, lose the tie. That's a much better casual look. This just looks a bit prep school who took his jacked off. Good job rolling the sleeves though. If you can find a good cardigan it becomes a fall/winter fit too, the SNS Herning "stark" is a good buy, and if it's too expensive I'm sure you can find a used one on eBay.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
x-post from the main thread:

I could also use some feedback on the fit of this new navy v-neck, and those posting here may be good for this kind of item fit. I like how it fits through the body & sleeves, but the shoulder seams are a little narrow compared to where my own shoulders are. Enough that it looks weird at first glance, or OK unless you look closely?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I could also use some feedback on the fit of this new navy v-neck, and those posting here may be good for this kind of item fit. I like how it fits through the body & sleeves, but the shoulder seams are a little narrow compared to where my own shoulders are. Enough that it looks weird at first glance, or OK unless you look closely?

looks fine to me.

however now you've made me aware of shoulder seems on my sweaters, too. thanks for that.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ holdfast - sweater looks fine to me. quite a nice look imo.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks fine to me.

however you've just made me aware of shoulder seems on my sweaters now, too. thanks for that.

Sweater looks fine, even though the seams are a little high on the shoulders. As long as the sleeve length is OK I don't think matters that much..

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The jumper looks like a very good fit, it looks great. The shoulder seams do look a little narrow now you point it out, but I think it's fine given the sweater looks great otherwise.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People have complained about the quality of fit pics lately. So, I have decided to try extra hard this time.

Oh, wait... damn it....

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

rossoz

Reaction score
In search of some khaki colored cargo shorts with a 7 or 8 inch inseam and 30 or 31 inch waist.
I prefer lightweight cotton, but a medium weight would be OK.

I am short with real short legs (26" inseam) and the cargo shorts I see have inseams that do not work for me.

Please help.

Is there a better place to post this?

Cheers,

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

In search of some khaki colored cargo shorts with a 7 or 8 inch inseam and 30 or 31 inch waist.
I prefer lightweight cotton, but a medium weight would be OK.

I am short with real short legs (26" inseam) and the cargo shorts I see have inseams that do not work for me.

Please help.

Is there a better place to post this?

Cheers,

Too awesome to not quote.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I'll take the bait as, judging by your post history, you are somewhat genuine.

Style is incredibly subjective. Now that that's out of the way, there are a few articles of clothing or accessories that immediately brand someone as clueless, hopeless and thoughtless. Cargo shorts are at the top of this list. I'd say Crocs or jean shorts are at the top, but **** me with a fire hose if both of those haven't been featured in this very threak.

You see, no one with taste, sophistication or even the slightest understanding of how to get dressed wears cargo shorts. Even soldiers, who actually need the pocket space and utility, will swelter in long pants before shaming themselves and their country with the use of cargo shorts. They are, much like the black button-down shirt, a constant reminder of someone who hasn't matured their style since high school.

I don't mean to personally attack you, of course. The whole point of this site is exploring and learning about style and clothing. However, this is not a good start for you. And you clearly have much to learn.

My sincere answer is to treat cargo shorts as Stalin treated his enemies: forgotten forever; removed from history. They should never have existed and they should never be a part of your wardrobe. You cannot find a pair that fit well because "properly fitting" cargo shorts don't exist. They are all-around terrible. And wearing them, at least at first impression, makes you appear all-around terrible.

Last edited:

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bourbon man always has ways with words and not appear too harsh and condescending but rather thoughtful. I don't have that skill :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics