1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

the escape plan suggests that this is a hotel, crat. they usually don't like it when I bring my own kitchen equipment. I barely travel with my french press and my concical baratza grinder nowadays... [​IMG]

regarding shirt pockets, I have heard this before but I can't get myself to not get pockets on my shirts. I think they help optically shape my otherwise formless chest a bit. I have one V-pocket on each of my shirts except for on the plain white ones and the french cuffed ones. I probably should work out more.

coincidentally this is the shortest jacket I own. it is so cropped that I only ever wear it with denim. I'm not happy with the button stance, though myself (too low).

I'm just now trying to keep up with the foo's teachings and I have yet much to learn from him but I always take what he says about proportions with a grain of salt. He is knowledgeable but he has not much real estate to play with on himself, if you catch my drift. So what looks good on a 5'4" fella might not be optimal for a 6'7" chump...

@the bigwig, is that triple denim with the saddle shoes? I'm not going to comment on the aesthetic since you clearly have your own style, all I can contribute is that the DB coat doesn't want both buttons to be buttoned. undo the bottom one.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

It's obvious that you've got an eye for putting an outfit together, but this one falls flat. Total clash of formalities, textures and colors. And the hanky and the specs to take the outfit into overwrought overdrive ... :(

3. Crat

Crat Senior member

Ah, I missed those plans completely. My bad.

4. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Are those two of your German Überhemden™?

Regarding foo's teachings I do not only agree with your point because of his differing proportions but also because I simply dislike some of his preferences.
    Still he is without a doubt more knowledgable about clothing than most and he never comes to one of his choices without a lot of reasoning behind it.
    Now that you mention it, the button stance could very well be the reason why the jacket looks odd.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. Crat

Crat Senior member

I might as well contribue even though I'm wearing old stuff.
    Less casual than I usually dress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You're too stocky to pull that look off. SW&D chic doesn't always translate.

8. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Ha, I DO have a big ass too, squats and all that.. I have sized up 1, might needed to go even bigger, I don't know.
    Yeah I am looking to drop a little weight then keep consistent, it might still be too snug on the thighs though, I don't know if I will ever be able to avoid that.
    Thanks Clap, I'll look into it. I think it's just a matter of making some sacrifices, so I can remain consistent with my bodysize.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

You're no longer allowed to wear anything denim related on your torso, ever again. Just stop trying to be the Marlboro Man some kind of new-age mashup of the Marlboro Man does business casual. Its really not a good look for you.

10. Crat

Crat Senior member

It all depends on your goals I guess. I also train a little but when I notice items getting too snug I just start cutting again. That way your fits will be more consistent.

11. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

A navy shirt is okay but a denim, not so.

12. PiCcolocV

PiCcolocV Senior member

A year odd later of lurking and learning, time for a fit - 2 guesses who my primary inspiration is. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ralph Lauren Black Label Blazer
    Epaulet scarf
    Neiman Marcus shirt
    Sam Hober Pocket Square
    BR Jeans
    AE loafers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Crat

Crat Senior member

Haha, quite NOBDesque : )
    Doubt he would wear a bracelet though.

1 person likes this.
  14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

You doubt?

One highschool thread is enough.

Just listen to Rambo and do the opposite.

6 people like this.
  15. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

lolz

:laugh: dont sell yourself short.
    --
    joshua - i have been liking your fits. i think if you had a tailor take out the waist 1/2 inch - 1 inch it would alleviate the pulling seen under the waistband.

16. joshuasaussey

joshuasaussey Senior member

Thanks stitch. Yeah that is another thing I'm going to try, although I think it will still be tight on the thighs I can at least get rid of some pulling.

17. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

no p. if you eliminate the visible pulling, the rest will be much less noticeable.

18. John Doe

John Doe Senior member

I disagree, it is slim but not tight. It looks good Moo unlike your cammo SW&D look.

19. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Snowstorm afterparty :)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh jesus, now THAT was a disaster