• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rambo - if edmorel and Parker both say you're wrong on this, I think it's safe to say you're wrong on this.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No offense stitches, but "jawnz" ≠ "jeans"

fo rizzle? i had been lead to believe that jawns was an acceptable SF cool guy way of referring to jeans in general. please to school me on the difference.

Lol @ a lot of money and pain. Sounds like you are remembering a time of hardship lol

ohiam. if only you had seen me. or maybe better that you didnt. was rough for those around me too.

i had some SWEET R&Rs and TRs too!!! :hide:

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

still a size small, imo.

Facepalm.gif

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Get
Outta
Town

100%
True
Story

i still kinda like them :embar:

sold all but 2 pairs through spooswap. those 2 are reminders in my drawer of what never to do again. but really ill sell them as well soon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if you think so... I disagree on your observation of IST's jacket, so be it.

Sounds good

I never said anything about IST's jacket though...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fo rizzle? i had been lead to believe that jawns was an acceptable SF cool guy way of referring to jeans in general. please to school me on the difference.

Jawnz is just "things" (but often used in reference to gear). "I don't like jawnz, too stiff" doesn't make sense. "I don't wear denim; tried some raw APC jawnz but **** was too raw." makes sense. At least in the way you're trying to make sense. In my amateur linguistic judgment, jawnz is probably a drawled version of "joints" as in "a Spike Lee joint"

Frankly, we should both probably step away from teh slang.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:laugh: nice summation, thanks.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and the loafers work for him also. I could not wear them but thats his look and overall he looks good. If I had to guess who he was out of the blue, I would peg him as some jazz musician, bohemian ne'er do well, or son of african dictator spending money like its water.

I think the leopard loafers rock for him. Few people could pull them off and look stylish, but I think he does. It takes that kind of French and Italian, not caring swagger, to do.

A question for you chaps -

I want to get a navy peacoat this Autumn, to wear with blue jeans and things like sand and stone coloured jean cords. What kind of shoe or boot would you recommend, a chukka boot or more rounded toe brogue?

^ All of my casual clothes these days are very smart casual, so I tend to wear quite sleek shoes and want some more casual, casual clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads