• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought he was disapproving of people deviating from their stylistic identity (his being ivy league) on the weekends. The irony with those GATs is that visually they work perfectly with the casual dad outfit, but the history (Belgian reinterpretation of German army kit) could hardly be more inconsistent with an unadulterated ivy league aesthetic.
(this post is intended only to bait vox...)

You guys are reading a lot more into it than I did. I thought his point was that if a guy can't follow the relatively straightforward coat-and-tie template, there was little chance he'd be able to process and articulate SW&D aesthetics any more successfully.

I believe it was both of these points, although I wouldn't say he disapproved of people deviating, he just wanted to point out that it is possible for someone who wears "classic men's clothing" to also wear "classic casual clothing". Moreover, this style is perhaps more easily pulled off and is arguably more appropriate for the average MC-er.

And then yeah, people who look like **** are still gonna look like ****.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

what happened to B / vox / F. Corb? :-/ ?
also, I like the new hair style. looks really good.

general displeasure with the forum and some of the moderation. check the start date on the whnay thread, check and read transmod from the days leading up. its all there.

:facepalm:
It is now immediately apparent to me why we all spend time in MC.

:D

E TF

Reaction score
This reminded me of that thread Vox started comparing SW&D and MC fits: I don't think he necessarily meant it to show one was better than the other (here). Sadly he's deleted his posts but some remain in quotes. I remember he posted a list of the sneakers he owned (including those MMM gats in different colours) once - at the time I assumed he was joking.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blog Motto said:
Their vanity is greater than their misery.
— F. Corbera

:)

Hi Fox.

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy, you are having way too much fun with Google translate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads