1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'm not a fran of cardigans and suits in general so I'm going to go with a miss on this one.

3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Citan: Stop doing that thing with your arms when you take pictures! Just stand there, arms at your sides, feet together (or nearly so). I bet at least half of the fit criticisms you get result from that pose.

Rambo: It's not a suit. He's wearing jeans and an SC, no tie. Nothing wrong with a cardi in that context. Even if you're not a fran.

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Citan's fit problems are the result of his invisible lat syndrome. A tragic affliction.

5. atoms

atoms Senior member

Hah!

6. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Well, this isn't the body building portion of the forum but I am in the best shape of my life and quite happy with my body. :Shrug:

SB, yes. Pose needs to change. Never really have felt comfortable when taking pictures. Try again next time. I just wanted to post again.

Rambo: Yeah, I know it isn't everyones favorite look but I like it in the jeans context I guess. Would you have felt different if it was a vneck ?

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I wasn't insulting your physique just pointing out that you have your arms out like you have Ronnie Coleman's lats.

1 person likes this.
  8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

9. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Haha ok this makes more sense then. I am tempted to go outside and take another picture more relaxed but it is cold and snowing :embar:

10. theBigwig

theBigwig Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  11. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

There.... [​IMG] ...to here. [​IMG] Sup Eason baby...
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the kind comments and to the one that mentions if I do MC, oh yeah, that is how I roll :)

2 people like this.
  12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i know citan already agreed, but that was some solid advise. i think most of your fits are realy good citan, its just the uncomfortable pose that is off. no hate.

13. in stitches

Neofinitia - fantastic!

14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    2 people like this.
  15. theBigwig

theBigwig Well-Known Member

Nice duffle, brand?

16. clarinetplayer

Thanks! Schneiders of Austria

17. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

ClarinetPlayer - How would you rate the sizing on that North Sea sweater? I know you often post fits with LL Bean sweaters so how would you compare the North Sea to maybe a Norwegian from LL Bean?

18. in stitches

19. csoukoulis

csoukoulis Senior member

Great coat! I have a nearly identical one by LodenFrey

20. clarinetplayer

Well, comparing these two sweaters would be like comparing apples to oranges. Here goes...

The North Sea is very snug. Typically, all I need to wear is Patagonia base layer underneath. This morning, when the temperature was around 30 degrees, this was sufficiently warm. (I ditched the duffel when I went outside.) Wearing an OCBD shirt just would not work. Besides, the shirt wouldn't even show. The neck opening and mini shawl collar is very small. The sleeves are very tight.

The Norwegian, on the other hand, is very roomy. It is made for layering. A flannel shirt fits well with this sweater. I've even worn the Norwegian over an OCBD and a thin wool sweater. The big complaint about the Norwegian is how it "billows" at the waist. I have a Medium, but the Small "billows" just the same. That is part of the "heating system"--trapping that air space between the body and wool. And, because it is a working man's sweater, it has to be roomy. I just pull it down and that takes care of the billowing.

North Sea comes in specific sizes; Norwegian in S M L etc...

My Medium Norwegian has a p2p of 22 inches. (And this is the "Medium"!) In retrospect, I wish I had gotten a Small--which would be more of a Medium.

My North Sea is a size 40 with a p2p of 20.5 inches. There is a lot of material in the chest. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten a size 38. The waist band on this sweater is big and fairly snug.

Today's Norwegian is 100% wool. The Norwegian of old was a mixture of wool and rayon. I had one of those sweaters, and it was not comfortable. (It was stolen when I left on a chair in a university library." The new model has exactly the same dimensions of the old. (The old one billowed at the waist, too.) I like new version much better. It is made in Norway by the same company that made the sweaters for Bean back in the 70s and 80s.

Both of these sweaters, with a scarf, are perfect for winter weather walking and hiking.
    By the bye, I wear a size 39 coat.