• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CodPiece

Reaction score
P9200017.jpg
Just a minor detail, Dig, since you've nailed it with that last look: perhaps the aviators could be a little bit bigger for your face? They seem to be tad (about 30%) too small.
Aviator shape looks good on you. Maybe try some squarish frames? The tend to work well with your (and mine) face shapes. Note the proportions of the glasses to face in this image of Clooney wearing Prada:

Hope this helps,
Cod

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a minor detail, Dig, since you've nailed it with that last look: perhaps the aviators could be a little bit bigger for your face? They seem to be tad (about 30%) too small.
Aviator shape looks good on you. Maybe try some squarish frames? The tend to work well with your (and mine) face shapes. Note the proportions of the glasses to face in this image of Clooney wearing Prada:

Hope this helps,
Cod

Indeed, Cod, it does. The shades in my pic are much less aviators than just generic round Chinese sunglasses that I plucked from the $2 bucket while standing at the register. They are more of a fun look than anything serious and they had the added benefit of folding very flat for storage in my breast pocket.

I'm steadily ISO a variety of Ray Bans and Persols that I hope will ultimately meet my needs.

Thanks for the nice words!

Last edited:

Edify Inc

Reaction score

Is that a T-shirt? I think so.
I wouldn't pair as nice shoes and watch as you are wearing with a shirt like that.
A polo shirt of the exact color would elevate this outfit.

It is a T-shirt..:embar:

Thanks for the feedback. It was a really lazy day at the workplace so..

Better next time, I promise!

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

here's today's effort

It's ok, but not really worth posting. We sort of imagine you can dress that well without much effort.

A.J.V

Reaction score

nice driving gloves (details?) and socks. do you ever wear incotex when dressing down though? would go great with your boots.

Thanks. Driving gloves are from H&M, socks from Happy Socks.

No, I've never tried on Incotex pants... Checked the ones you have on sale (some looked really nice...), any chance there's gonna be any on size 29 / 30? (46?)

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Driving gloves are from H&M

I've been thinking of getting some of those gloves when I'm in St. Louis this week. Do you recommend them?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks. Driving gloves are from H&M, socks from Happy Socks.

No, I've never tried on Incotex pants... Checked the ones you have on sale (some looked really nice...), any chance there's gonna be any on size 29 / 30? (46?)

when / where did you buy the H&M gloves?

I have some winter white cords in cotton in size 30 - you interested?

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^East Coast casual.

A.J.V

Reaction score

I've been thinking of getting some of those gloves when I'm in St. Louis this week. Do you recommend them?

when / where did you buy the H&M gloves?

I have some winter white cords in cotton in size 30 - you interested?

I bought those gloves from h&m here in Helsinki. And well, they're not the best quality you can get but for the price they'll do fine. So I would'nt recommend them to be your only pair of gloves but they're good add for the rotation.

ThinkDerm: I'll pm you about the winter whites...

Last edited:

erk

Reaction score

I have a problem. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate white crew-neck undershirts..

I think we should burn all of them, insist on medium/heather gray v-neck only.:satisfied:

Is there a way to wear a v-neck sweater without a collared shirt and not look dumpy?

CodPiece

Reaction score
mmmwinter white cords....
IMG_4198-1.jpg

Ranger, tell me about those taps, do they make a sound when you walk? Are they helpful? Obviously they must be...I'm not at my most articulate at the moment, sorry.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

... Is there a way to wear a v-neck sweater without a collared shirt and not look dumpy?

How's this? Harris Tweed SC. Gray merino wool vee neck.

P9060012.jpg

Last edited:

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a way to wear a v-neck sweater without a collared shirt and not look dumpy?

Sure.

Without an undershirt you can look relaxed or, worse case, douchey.

With a colored undershirt you can look relaxed.

With a cotton turtleneck you can look warm.

I'd trade out the white shirt for a black one, myself.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ranger, tell me about those taps, do they make a sound when you walk? Are they helpful? Obviously they must be...I'm not at my most articulate at the moment, sorry.

Cod, you know, when I had these resoled I asked teh shoemaker about them because he originally didn't put them in. He said they weren't necessary based on my wear pattern, but its would be no prob to add them so I could try them out. He hammered em in and boom, thats it. No real sound because I really don't walk on them at all, but I assume if you chop up the front of your shoe, they'd be a great help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads