• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good God. I really feel like I have more to learn about style by reading instead of posting.... but really? Why would you post this? Posting a pic of you with an long barrel AR-15 with no mag proves what? Really. Stop. Please. I am no Operator (although active Army) but I am close enough to know you are just pretending in front of a pastry shop, which is ridiculous on so many levels. At work?! Come on Bro?! Please. Who are you trying to fool here?

Oh lord. Do people actually take post like that from me seriously? I sell cigars. The point of that picture was to make you go WTF. I've never had a job which involved using a firearm, and I am absolutely not to be trusted with anything loaded, even with the trigger lock on, which the owner of the AR-15 knew. Thank you for your....concern?

That really means a lot to me, since I easily look like a human giraffe sometimes, given my height.

doesn't come across on here. try making your head bigger if you don't want to look tall. My head is huge, and people who have known me for years IRL think I'm 5'9"-5'10".

I'm 6'2"

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doesn't come across on here. try making your head bigger if you don't want to look tall. My head is huge, and people who have known me for years IRL think I'm 5'9"-5'10".

If you're insecure about it, don't be. I can assure you that my head is bigger. I'm 6'1'', but in photographs, look 5'8'', maximum. I'd be sad all day if I weren't such a handsome motherfucker.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is a photo a friend took of me in Berkeley on a recent thrifting trip, I apologize for the grainy and washed out nature of the image although I think you can mostly see the important stuff. I don't often get my picture taken or document what I wear because I often have no one to take a picture of me or I feel awkward which has lead to a horrible documentation of my personal style. when a photo does get taken of me one of two things happen 1. I am dressed poorly 2. I make a funny face and ruin the rest of what would have been a good picture. This is one of the few pictures where neither of those things happened (although the camera seemed to have malfunctioned). Now that I have joined style forum I will try harder to get more pictures taken to document the growth of my style. As a 17 year old I do not have many chances to "suit up" because I strive for my dress to be appropriate for the situation, but as I age I think style forum will help me show that transition from youthful to mature in personal style. In the beginning my "fits" or "kits" or "wiwt's" may not be aligned with the aesthetic of most style forum users which is why I posted this particular photo in the casual style section. Anyway enough blabbering let me break down this outfit

vintage unlabeled leather (pleather) jacket: $3.50 bought last year at tri valley hospice in livermore

nordstroms blue and white striped classic fit button down (I cut into short sleeve and tailored the fit myself): 75 cents bought a year ago on the same day as the jacket at the same place

j crew cargo pants (I used a seam ripper and took of the side pockets because they got torn): a gift for Christmas last year

tretorn nylites bought at shoebacca.com for $20 (they are no longer this cheap)

watch bought of eBay for 7 dollars (including shipping)(I had to replace the battery) has a rose gold plated face and crocodile strap, it was a gift to the employees of a company called "O&S" originally and still has "O&S" engraved on the face which is why it was so cheap.

the sunglasses are lookmatic's bought for $34 with a 50% off discount from fab.com (they are a great stand in for ray bans club masters at a much lower price point)

satchel is by Levis I don't know when I got it or for how much but I have had it for a long time and love it although it recently started ripping, does anyone has suggestions on how to fix it?

and finally the bike, It is regrettably not mine but made a great photo companion none the less

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Another ghastly hot day. The flowers are wilting. Time for ice cream.

With a ghastly pair of shorts to match.

None of the shorts pictured recently would not be improved with a better choice of footwear but this picture looks like you're wearing a khaki skirt. Something about a man's dignity is in danger of evaporating with each inch a trouser hemline is raised, one thing you can do to combat this is at least have the legs slimmed so they aren't too much wider than your lower thighs.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks good. I own a button-up of theirs. They have a tank top that comes in a great retro color combination:

However, I hate tank tops. Wish this came in a simple t-shirt style a la LVC.

Likewise, K. The only tank tops I wear are wife beaters. The one pictured is too, for the lack of better words, "out there" for me.

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
try making your head bigger if you don't want to look tall

yeah no...not going to do that
uhoh.gif

I'm almost 6'7" (200cm) - MTO is the only way to GO

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** me, that is tall. That means that your proportions really are quite good. How heavy are you?

My dad's brothers are all in between 6'5'' and 6'8'', and the lightest one of them is about 230lbs. My dad's only 5'8'', but he weighs about 220lbs. They're all strange to look at.

Last edited:

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
**** me, that is tall. That means that your proportions really are quite good. How heavy are you?

My dad's brothers are all in between 6'5'' and 6'8'', and the lightest one of them is about 230lbs. My dad's only 5'8'', but he weighs about 220lbs. They're all strange to look at.

I fluctuate between 215 and 230 because I have the metabolism of a hummingbird...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads