• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he's a flippin intern. it's best not to step on anyone's toes. suck it up and wear the burberry prorsum SC to walmart in your free time to get your fix.

Ah, I understood they were given a real choice. It's sad if it works like that. Start your own business! It's inhumane to expect people to wear a tie without a jacket. :)

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I work for a corporate law firm thats almost 100 years old and they haven't changed the dress code yet besides for allowing us to leave the jacket at home. It's the worst dress code I've ever seen.

Dig's OTJ (retail management) dress code

Monday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Tuesday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Wednesday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Thursday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Friday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Saturday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Sunday: Black shirt / khaki pants

sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-e.gif

JAB is advertising Father's Day specials on the radio for today only. OCBD shirts for $25. I have not found any other cotton dress shirts in black that are a better quality. Brooks Brothers does not even sell a solid black shirt.

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sheesh those look good - I'm tempted to get on the Rivets bandwagon - anyone wanna comment on their fit vs the Walt? I have a 3 pairs of those bad boys already :)

Its a bit more casual than the Walt with a lower rise, slimmer upper block (not by much). These compare more to Mabitex pants, but sturdier and made in the USA.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
So you can wear a jacket (SC)?
No I can not wear a SC. My first day I came in with a navy blazer a chinos and they were so mad they told me to put my jacket in my car and then I'll start. We have about 200 employees and the only time anyone wears a jacket is when a lawyer is coming back from court. Jackets are prohibited at the office. I wish we were given the option, but we arent.

And I'm not really an intern. I thought I was going to be an intern but I'm basically part file clerk and part paralegal for my department. I work 35 hour weeks and get paid. So its a little better deal then being a tradition intern.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredible. It's the washing machine / television / mobile phone salesman costume over here.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dig's OTJ (retail management) dress code

Monday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Tuesday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Wednesday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Thursday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Friday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Saturday: Black shirt / khaki pants
Sunday: Black shirt / khaki pants
sad-animated-animation-boy-smiley-e.gif

JAB is advertising Father's Day specials on the radio for today only. OCBD shirts for $25. I have not found any other cotton dress shirts in black that are a better quality. Brooks Brothers does not even sell a solid black shirt.

Let's raise a toast to Brooks Brothers!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dewi

Reaction score

This is the part that gets me. That something so meaningless would inspire any sort of emotion from them is bewildering.

He works at a law firm. Any emotion from them is bewildering. Random bullshit? Not so bewildering.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Exactly. A dispassionate, "You can't wear that here. Put it in your car," would be expected. But mad? Thassnutz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads