• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wannabe

Reaction score

all of your clothes look too tight / awkward.

Yeah, I know. There was definitely an SF period where I had my clothes way too tight (including the stuff I just posted). I'm trying to get better, but sometimes...:facepalm:

As for my age + style, it goes back to me going to new schools, having new perspective, new haircut, etc., and getting new clothes just followed naturally. I know it's a radical thing to jump to suits/sportcoats, etc., but I've definitely gotten used to it and being comfortable in said clothes, and so have the people around me.

I'm obviously still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. I get advice here, which helps me along my sartorial journey. After all, my username is "wannabe".

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

951socal

Reaction score
I'm 23 and i feel that his look is even to mature for me to pull off.

Wearing cheap mall clothing is better for guys our age, mixed with some slight signiture touches from higher end brands

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wearing cheap mall clothing is better for guys our age, mixed with some slight signiture touches from higher end brands

Say what now?

Oleg

Reaction score

There is a space between cheap mall clothing and teenagers/early twenty somethings dressing like Bertie Wooster every day of the year. Be in it.

951socal

Reaction score

Say what now?

essentially:

23....too young to wear a sport coat, button front shirt, and dress shoes all together casually.

i have a very stong feeling he threw that outfit together just for this thread and didn't go out drinking or doing errands liek that anyways

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, I know. There was definitely an SF period where I had my clothes way too tight (including the stuff I just posted). I'm trying to get better, but sometimes.

There was a time last year where I bulked up and had to upgrade from 38R's to 40R's. Everything started to be too tight.

One tip about sizing: don't buy any jackets that aren't 2 inches up from your chest circumference. (+/- 0.5 inches) So if you have a 41 inch chest, you'd want jackets that are 43 (or 21.5 p2p)

Last edited:

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty good.
I thought that all deer belong to the king?

It's the mute swans as far as I know. They are under the protection of the crown.

I assaulted one once and have thus far got away with it. They could be monitoring me though....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads