• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everett464

Reaction score
NYR - teacher? $900 dollar shoe wearing teacher?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYR - teacher? $900 dollar shoe wearing teacher?

Some people have two cars, some take public transport. Different people have different priorities and as long as the family isn't impacted adversely,

I don't know why this would be an issue and NYR shouldn't have to justify a thing.

Last edited:

Everett464

Reaction score
Some people have two cars, some take public transport. Different people have different priorities and as long as the family isn't impacted adversely,

I don't know why this would be an issue and NYR shouldn't have to justify a thing.

I think its awesome - i was just blown away.

I saw the shoes, and was like, "dope," then looked them up, and was like, "**** - never gonna be able to afford them."

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure NYR is slinging mad volume and fast stacking benjis on the side... keep in mind if you use pupils as your pharmacy smurphs and dead drop mules, they won't get trialed as adults.
teacha.gif

to avoid any confusion, this was a joke. I give props to NYRs fits, I'm usually just jealous on how pristine and crisp his shoes are looking.

Last edited:

Layered Player

Reaction score
The war pants are goofy/heinous as all hell.
Usual caveats about how cool a guy NYR is still apply.
Being a native Texan I too share your sentiments as the only people in the South who wear camo are usually booger-eatin' rednex!

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score
x-posting:

Rain all day. Slightly more casual since my office doesn't allow anyone to wear a jacket unless they are going to court.
baldy[1].gif

Coat by Burberry
Shirt by Ralph Lauren
Chinos by J. Crew
Tie by Brooks Brothers
Tie bar by TheTieBar.com
Shoes by Johnston and Murphy

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do they require a tie? I'm guessing not...

TKE, it just seems like you're forcing it. If the office is casual, and you're an intern, you should be casual. Focus on fit and materials to satisfy your iGent inclinations.

Even if a tie is required, the attempt above is flat-out incongruous. The tie and pants shouldn't ever be part of the same outfit. Even if you were wearing a jacket, the tie would be out of place.

TauKappaEpsilon

Reaction score

Do they require a tie? I'm guessing not...
TKE, it just seems like you're forcing it. If the office is casual, and you're an intern, you should be casual. Focus on fit and materials to satisfy your iGent inclinations.
Even if a tie is required, the attempt above is flat-out incongruous. The tie and pants shouldn't ever be part of the same outfit. Even if you were wearing a jacket, the tie would be out of place.

They do require shirt and tie everyday.

Also, what is wrong with the pants and tie together? Is the tie to saturated?

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doesn't let you wear a jacket if not going to court?
requires a tie though?
you work for a stupid office

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

zerostyle

Reaction score

you have a long torso/short leg build, worked out too much to make yourself top heavy, and you wear lower raise pants/jeans while pulling ur shirts out.  looks pretty bad no matter how things fit.

tuck your shirts in or make it shoulder; uncuff the jeans or make the cuff even taller.

just my 2c

Agree - torso/legs look unbalanced. Also, cuffs on jeans are awful IMO. Especially for people with shorter legs.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from streetwear

W&H
W&H
Acne
Alden
Swaine Adeney Brigg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads