1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i'll get a full length photo with the jacket someday and you can be the judge

1 person likes this.
  2. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

The major disadvantage is the pockets, not the hardware , and the fact that the zipper doesn't go down far enough. A stick of lipstick is the most women ever carry in their pockets, no keys, no wallet, no cell phone, and no comb. I've not notice that much of a difference in the room for the hardware between kiton and these jeans. I have yet to meet a woman who could care less about kiton jeans (in fact who could care less about anything we discuss on styleforum) , but let them know that you're wearing women's jeans then they get totally facinated about this incredible fashion discovery you've made, and i've milked that for all its worth.

I am trying to emphasize my new lean look as much as possible because I am dealing with a major age handicap, so I think a firm looking butt helps (thats what they said in Sleepless in Seattle), but I suspect that men's skinny jeans would work as well, but I don't know, and these things were $30 (less than the shipping on my last pair of kitons). This whole topic has been beat to death in the past in the streetware/denim section, with nothing actually being decided. In the San Francisco Bay Area, being a cross-dresser probably puts you into a protected class, and you'll make your employer's diversity officer really happy, all for a pair of jeans with too-small pockets.

Tonight, I ditched the diva jeans for my purple kiton jeans, but its unclear that it made much difference.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

is that blazer simon spurr? i'm wearing the same one tonight

4. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

[​IMG]

random alpaca scarf from Argentina
    Simon Spurr blazer
    my douchiest u-neck tee
    Simon Spurr deep purple cords
    Vass navy 3 eyelet bluchers

2 people like this.
  5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

This is great news for PT, as I believe it's been a concern of his for quite some time.

1 person likes this.
  6. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

you look way younger in the pictures where you are pulling off a beard and shorter hair on top, in my opinion...

7. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

8. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Thanks. The blazer with the purple jeans is a brioni cashmere tweed jacket, one of my favorites. The blazer with the fedora is from the 80's, I think, and probably not worth getting resized. The Old Navy women's jeans definitely have no less room for the hardware than my Brunno Cucinelli jeans. Sara is quite a bit younger than me and I need to dress in a youthful way. It was actually the guys on the forum who suggested I get rid of the facial hair. My style is sufficiently unique that it generally gets approval from younger people, guys and girls, but I have learned that women closer to may age tend to be disapproving of pink, purple, or aqua jeans, ascots, etc, and prefer a more conservative look.

I think I was giving William Conrad (Cannon) a run for his money at my earlier weight (bottom picture), and actually lost weight in part because I don't think you can look as attractive in clothes unless you're lean (even less attractive without clothes).

9. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Wannabe bond right here.
    [​IMG]

10. wj4

wj4 Senior member

[​IMG]

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

Brooks Bros madras
    LE shorts
    LL Bean camp mocs

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

I will never warm to the ubiquitous look of sock less skinny white ankles and loafers/topsiders/camp mocs but I have to say a huge improvement on the shorts!:D

1 person likes this.
  13. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

(And you say I can't fit things.) Sleeves too long, trousers too long, scarf too retro for my tastes, shoes could be better. I like the SC, though--nice material/colour. :) (Are you naked under that thing?) I think, a solely brown scarf with lighter-grey-than-the-SC or, possibly, burgundy trousers would work better.

14. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Of everything you mentioned, only the sleeve length is a slam-dunk comeback to hendrix. He's obviously going for the stacked look (like it or not), the scarf is personal preference, and shoes could be better than... what? So, I think you'll need to find a more egregious example than this to undermine his credibility as a critic.

But keep trying. :lurk:

4 people like this.
  15. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Not a look I ever could or would wear, but definitely cool. I kinda think when you're wearing a U-neck and a scarf instead of a shirt and tie you're probably not going for traditional lol.

16. JapanAlex01

Well, that would void your previous statement, that the sleeve length is the only slam dunk. (Anyway, it's starting, to make me feel like as equal an ass, so I'll stop.)

17. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

More evidence of you acting like a baby, as mentioned earlier in this thread. If you had one harsh critic it might be an anomaly -- two, fine.... but, it seems to me, there are countless established forum members within this thread (and pretty much every thread you post in) who have outright criticized you as a poster.

You're in denial.

18. JapanAlex01

19. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Deets on shirt?

20. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I swear we have the same taste, Keith. Shirt is Paul Smith. Forgot to take a close up one. :(

Edit: Quick picture via iPhone.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.