1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

He means that there is a significant gap between the collar of your jacket and the collar of your shirt. Not something everybody notices but when you do it will make you uncomfortable to see.

2. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

oh boy. I can't decide which one of these pictures I like more. the mirror pic taken with an ipad or the pensive look in this royal with cheese lifestyle picture...

1 person likes this.
  3. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Yeah, didn't know that's what that is called, thanks for actually saying something useful.

I'm not sure whether that's a fit issue or that this is the first time I've taken this jacket off a hanger and worn it... I'll give it a few more wears and if not I guess I'll see if my tailor can do anything about it, assuming its fixable.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

All trousers except for the 2nd picture are from Epaulet. The first one was a special order.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Tried black/white contrast on the picture, but not sure if I like it. Anyway, today's outfit:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

What jacket is this?

7. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

wj4
    black and white doesn't work when you don't have enough contrast to stand out
    you're pretty much blending into the background

but great outfits all around
    although i don't know about the digi camo pants with the navy jacket

8. I am DIL

I am DIL Senior member

Okay, credit where credit is due -- the jacket collar is pretty bad and the sunglasses are the opposite of awesome, but I actually think this might be one of your better looks.

You've come a long way dude. The individual pieces of outfit are mostly harmonious, and I like that you're still taking advice and handling criticisms with maturity.

1 person likes this.
  9. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

1 person likes this.
  10. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Thanks DIL :)
    FWIW there are no sunglasses, on the planet, that actually look good on me. Choices are Liberacci^2 or DoucheCop. Those are my only options.

yeah, never seen that movie.

1 person likes this.
  11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Why is it I can't read this without hearing Krusty in your avatar saying it? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hmm interesting concept about needing enough contrast to stand out. Can you elaborate further please? Thanks :)

The digi camo/navy jacket is a hit with the younger crowd, the older folks think it's horrible, haha.

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

14. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

Aww, you guys :embar:
    Right back at ya.:slayer: Still jumping, from nasi lemak.... [​IMG] ...to palak paneer.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

You simply cannot call yourself "the thin white duke" and dress like this, get a name change to the pastel-wearing preppy.

16. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Off to work in the company proscribed dress code.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks for the reply. If I had the time, I would Photoshop and blur out the background, but I lack the time nowaday.

I'm eventually going to try out more interesting backdrops on the weekends when I carry my tripod with me. The options are limited on week days since I need to look for something to put the camera on.

18. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

1 person likes this.
  19. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

@ CD Hagg: That cornflower blue jacket is Pal Zileri (via ebay). Completely deconstructed, lightweight linen, no padding or lining, feels like a cardigan. I love it as it can dress up slightly an outfit in hot weather without adding much in the way of bulk or heat.

@ Fuuma: Not trying to channel Bowie, I'm thin and I'm White and although not a duke, will soon be married to an Ashanti princess. Never been called 'preppy' before!

20. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

Dig, you could make this better. A button-down and a slimmer cuff would improve the look of the shirt, and darker shoes would go a long way. What about a black polo? Unfortunately, Kent doesn't seem to offer it in black, but a nicely fitting black polo would probably look better than a black dress shirt.