WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Evidently.

Come on. u serious?

Yours is only one example among many over the last few days here. luftvier and his crazy tie yesterday, plus other nasty ties that came out because it's sunny. I also referenced the Phineas Cole catalog as a point that it's not limited to here. It's a general statement, but yes if you want my opinion (and you don't) your pants fall into the same problem. They are fugly, and they are fugly mainly because of the horrid color.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

2. Teger

Teger Senior member

i dont mind the color, but i hate the cuffs.

3. acecow

acecow Senior member

I agree. I think vivid colors are great in the summer, especially if you're young, fit and in a bright mood.

4. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

caaaaammmmmaaaaannnn GD... wear some melon pants... I promise u'll feel good afterwards... Don't worry about those ur co workers getting at you.

5. gdl203

:fu:

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

Meh, and you said I insulted people in SW&D...

7. Tirailleur1

I actually think one of your jackets u posted a while ago would work well with some colored pants.

8. gdl203

You did, I only insult articles of clothing - while you told people they looked like homeless people, others they look like girls. You told one guy he looks like his house is as dirty as his sneakers. You fucking lost it, man. You were a disgrace to be honest.

I am not drawing any conclusions on anyone here, questioning their gender or the cleanliness of their homes - simply discussing the unabashed and uncontrolled use of colors in warm seasons, and making the point that we (collectively) should apply the same aesthetic standards in summer as we do in winter. Because I know we don't. And it's clear to me that we use the season as an excuse for that.

I think it's a worthwhile point of conversation - it's not like the discussion I'm interrupting is particularly interesting or elevated. Or would you prefer to go back to sheep stamps?

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I don't even mind the color of NYR's pants but is it just me or do they clash horribly with that light brown of the shoes/belt?

10. Tirailleur1

I disagree, there is a reason why people in hotter climate countries adhere to bright colors. It clearly has to be some sort of anthropological connection there. Plus... maybe its the fashion school in me talking... but I've always approached seasons according to certain colors and aesthetics.

11. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    I agree with GDL. The more I learn the more I simplify. I still own a few FU pieces, but for the most part I find myself gravitating toward whites, light blues, navies, and shades of gray.

In other news, I will be wearing nantucket red pants this Friday. Can. not. wait.

12. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Were you beat up by a man wearing pastels or something?

13. acecow

acecow Senior member

You insult them with such finality, that it seems like you're stating the obvious truths and not just your opinion. It's not the case, sorry. And I don't want to start arguing about the SW&D stuff again, but I do want to say it again, that the response our clothes bring out in others is, in the end, how we should judge them. If a dude is wearing a skirt, then he looks like a girl. And if someone's appearance seems unkempt to an outside person (me), then I might as well just say so. Maybe, just maybe, he will find it useful. If he disagrees, life goes on. I was never trying to offend anyone on purpose.

14. gdl203

I did not say we should wear the same colors as in the winter, nor did I entirely condemn brighter colors. I simply say we have to be just as discriminating as we are when it's not sunny. We need to step back and say now does this look good or is it just colorful. It can be both.

I actually think that pastels can be a great way to dress seasonally without going overboard. Like everything, need to keep it harmonious and balanced, but on average this works better IMO than fluo colors.

Is is fucking possible to discuss anything at all here other than inside bullshit jokes? (0)

15. Tirailleur1

But it goes hand in hand with ur argument though. It would seem a little odd wearing bright ass pants in the snow.