• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

That briefcase...! 
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

:cheers:

That is pretty fanfreakintastic. I saw on their website that they are not taking orders for briefcases anymore. Any word if that might resume? Also, nice umbrella.

Thanks.

I think that Alan (the sole craftsmen and owner) is likely not going to continue taking orders. He mentioned, almost a year ago, that he would be retiring within a "few years". I believe he is near 70 years of age, and has been doing this for 40 years or so. Since my long review of my briefcase posted here and on Ask Andy, Alan has been overwhelmed with orders for good reason: his skill and the price he charges are both fantastic. So, I imagine that if he has a backlog of orders much greater than he ever expected a year ago, he is probably not going to take any more orders. But, anything is possible.

Last edited:

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

some better pics of my jacket, and what I'm wearing today.

Not really feelin' the brown gingham shirt w/ brown jacket w/ brownish socks w/ brown shoes thing going on here

Last edited:

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:cheers:
Thanks.
I think that Alan (the sole craftsmen and owner) is likely not going to continue taking orders. He mentioned, almost a year ago, that he would be retiring within a "few years". I believe he is near 70 years of age, and has been doing this for 40 years or so. Since my long review of my briefcase posted here and on Ask Andy, Alan has been overwhelmed with orders for good reason: his skill and the price he charges are both fantastic. So, I imagine that if he has a backlog of orders much greater than he ever expected a year ago, he is probably not going to take any more orders. But, anything is possible.

Hopefully, it wasn't me that pushed him over the edge. I sent mine in to be modified. Ended up having to remake it and I think it was the last one he did before he shut down. Mine looks similar to yours now, probably smaller with lengthier handle to accommodate D-rings on the top for the shoulder straps and satin finished nickel plated hardware.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, Vox. Everyone knows it's alright if it's a dog.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads