WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Dudeasincool

Dudeasincool Well-Known Member

Nope. I don't own any of those, Ianiceman. I think functionality should be just as important as style. The other sneakers may look better to you and others, but they won't last as long. I think Purcells are classic. But if you are nice to me, maybe I will cover up the smiley indent with white medical tape -- will they work for you then?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

2. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

3. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

I think you might need to remeasure

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I like this except the perfect symmetry of the rolled shirt sleeves

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

i don't think that retro euro trash covers all this cruelties, haha

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why can't he have one pack of smokes on each arm?

7. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

8. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Too good for acid wash Wal-Mart 501's and a Starter jacket, huh?

[​IMG]

9. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Spring scarf time, Parker...

Closed jacket (on the bike)

[​IMG]

Open jacket and details

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Way to rep G! Enjoy the sunny peninsula, and please do make sure to get down South for anything other than Capri...

Looks great man! This is good denim and SC, and it always is with you...

Yesterday, shitty and rushed pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    W&H
    Epaulet
    Epaulet
    Alden LSxSE

11. moizak

moizak Active Member

Well, I can't say I am not a little nervous.....my first post and I am going to dive right do it in WAYWRN, I do hope this is the right thread to do it in.

I have, ever since I can remember been overweight, not grossly or obese but just fat. I used to wear something between a 34 or 36in waist jeans with either a t shirt, polo or shirt, untucked, hiding the fact that my 34in jeans were probably digging into my stomach, a pair of trainers (sneakers /translate) or walking boots and a duffel coat or jacket or hoodie of some sort. I can hear your collective eyes rolling. In january of this year I decided I needed to lose a few pounds and get myself sorted out. I looked at myself, 37 this year, with a wife and 4 kids, still looking and dressing like I did at university 15 years ago. Part of my problem is that I tend to work alone in the office, don't have to meet clients, occasionally go onto building sites and so didn't really bother to smarten myself up.

So far I have lost about 29lbs and dropped to comfortable 32" waist but i am not going to stop there. There is still enough fat around my middle that I have considerable love handles and stomach and so I am still concentrating on losing them too and should hopefully get myself down to a 30" waist in a month or so.

So, now I have bored you all to death with that I am going to post a couple of pictures showing my first attempts to smarten myself up. I have a wardrobe with some nice pieces of clothing that I have picked up in sales mostly or that were gifts. A lot of them never really fitted me previously so now I can start to wear them (though you may tell me that they don't really fit me now either). I have been lurking the site for a couple of weeks now and have picked up some important tips.

Also, I have not included shoes in the pics for two reasons; one, I wasn't wearing them at the time of taking the picture and two, my shoe collection is dire. The only good shoe I have is a black Oxford captoe by Church's that are far too dressy to wear with the smart casual look I hope to get to grips with.

Anyway, fire away, I need critiquing!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. lysandar

lysandar Senior member

13. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

NYR, I've seen that jacket a few times now, and I kinda like it, but I can't help but think of pajamas.

I hesitate to say this, but do you have any faded beat-to-hell jeans? I think they'd pair much better.

14. furo

furo Senior member

Good to see someone else who enjoys rockin a nice chunky cuff

I've gotten a lot of criticism over mine, but now I've grown quite fond of the look, so for me, it's a keeper :D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

x-posting from main thread, as I didn't do much beyond going for a long drive in the sunshine, pausing for an al-fresco late lunch before just returning home. Now planning on sitting in the sunshine with a G&T. Admittedly I did do an hour or so of work-related stuff just before, so not a 100% casual fit, but probably enough of one to include here.

....a chance to enjoy the warmth while it lasts, and to realise that these chinos really need replacing. They were always a little short, but the last wash before they were put away for winter seems to have shrunk them to ankle-swinging length (slightly exaggerated further by hands in pocket, but still about 0.5-1" too short for me). Something to add to the shopping list...

[​IMG]