WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It would do you a world of good to be none. Jeans already have a little Diesel vibe (not a bad pair though, wouldn't shock me in a different outfit) but the jacket makes it over the top. You look like the kind of guy who wears leather bracelets that double as watches. Your MC fits are fine so why not avoid retro-eurotrash when you dress down? Harringtons look sorta stupid on me but I think with a look like that they'd be fine, they're certainly not a bold choice but they're both stylish and part of what i'd call "classic" men's dressing, which should be an attractive option for you. Hell I'd even like one of those classic cotton crewneck sweatshirts with that outfit.

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

piombo herringbone jacket
    mtm green plaid shirt
    j crew bowery chino
    ferragamo belt
    sutor mantallassi
    yohji coming soon cotton scarf
    guerlain vetiver

3. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

At this moment, sorta freezing my nads off sitting in a Cape Cod beach chair, back to a stiff Arctic wind, watching my son's fist soccer practice of the season in:

Invertere alpaca shag duffle coat (hood up)
    Drakes cashmere shawl cardigan
    BB Black Fleece OCBD
    Napolisumisura cord pants
    Vass Budapesters

Brrrrrrrrr!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

do you really think that anybody understands what this really means???

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Well Axe bodyspray, Diesel, leather bracelet-wristwatches were all popular quite a while ago and worn by guys with faux-hawks that had an amazing time in Ibiza (or wish they did), so they're neither current and weren't really I-gent style back then anyway. I make it sound truly awful but the fit is easily fixable.

6. Dudeasincool

Dudeasincool Well-Known Member

Ianiceman/Eason. I've been wearing Jack Purcell sneakers since I was a teenager some decades ago. They are durable/functional and I see no reason to change, whether others deem them fashionable or not.

7. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Yea! A Parker sighting!

Rite of Dad passage. Besides, what better reason to have to wear outdoors cold weather casual everyweekend? For me it was reverse: my son's soccer days started in the last days of summer and the playoffs were cold, cold mornings.

8. furo

furo Senior member

♪ ♫ I said it's tooooo late to apologize ♫ ♪

[​IMG]

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    Hahaha. There are worse trends to accidentally emulate than the eurotrash thing though, imo.

Edit: but then again I like Ibiza [​IMG]

10. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

I was being sarcastic in my reply, obviously.

That jacket is actually not shiny at all irl, and I honestly don't think it comes off like you're interpreting it. It's an old Stone Island piece that's ultra lightweight and used almost exclusively as technical outerwear. I don't typically wear it outside of that context (last time was two years ago to hike the Inca Trail). But since we were heading to play outside in the park where I was likely to get dirty and because it was a crisp spring morning, I opted for an extra layer that had an active-wear feel to it. I have several other jackets I would have chosen for regular casual wear; really under most circumstances I'd probably have chosen a sweater. Most of my casual stuff looks more predictably like what you'd expect seeing my MC stuff. Phat Guido's casual outfits are probably the most similar example to offer. I really don't even get to wear them that much anymore though, since I dress in outfits like my recent MC post 90% of the time for work; the other 10% at work I'm in a suit. In retrospect, this may not have been the best pic to choose as my first example of casual clothes, but I also think you're overplaying it with the stereotypes, funny as I find them.

11. furo

furo Senior member

I like this, although the blue on blue on blue seems a bit too deliberate

12. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

dude, seriously... you get all of that out of that outfit ?

personally, I liked it... i don't see any eurotrash or any of the other references you mentioned there...

13. anginaprinzmetal

anginaprinzmetal Senior member

I like this... only two things, I would've liked for the shoes to be a shade lighter, may be even tan, and well may be loafers :hide: , also I think the blazer sleeves are a touch too long ?

14. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

I'm so happy for you. Well done you! This is the usual defence given by wearers of Ugg boots, i wonder if you have some of those too? None of the above will change my opinion that they are ugly and there are many better choices out there. I could of course just keep my opinion to myself, but I wonder how much fun this board would be if everyone did that?:)

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Khakis and boots..

[​IMG]