WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. furo

furo Senior member

I like the beat to shit look of the loafers.... but the rest of it all clashes too much for the look to come off as "i don't really care"

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

You're misunderstanding me. When someone sees Fuuma, in his ridiculous high top shoes, tight pants and graphic tee, and hair that looks unkempt (but actually took him a long time to do) they see a try-hard douchebag. They can tell that he puts a ton of thought into how he presents himself and that he has some kind of artsy explanation for his presentation.

Contrast that with yourself, from your clothing I get the feeling you're a reasonable, rational guy. Normal. Feel free to correct me if you're actually nuts...

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

yea you're a little nuts here

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

The problem is the "someone" you reference. That someone sounds like a person with a very limited view of fashion and what style is.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Jesus, going back and reading all this makes me almost wish I didn't have kids and had time to actually participate in SF!

OK, let me try and explain. Teger, you're right, the pants are too tight. Some-fucking-how, I put on an inch on my waist, ass and thighs despite eating healthy and working out like a madman. They fit better when i bought them, but like all RTW, a 32 in one pant won't fit exactly the same as a 32 in another, even in the same cut. These chinos were the smallest of the rivets I've bought since I ruined two pairs of bespoke pants at work this year. My classroom is a fucking disaster this year, 40 fucking ids, desks, chairs crammed into a room meant to hold 25. So I needed something I liked (the rivets) that would stand up to getting caught on old desks, older bulletin boards and doors (with old staples still in em) covered in dust. As far as the hem, when they were new they looked much cleaner, but as I have been wearing them the cuff has been getting shittier and shittier looking. I washed them all this weekend and they'll be tailored this week. All future rivets will be in a size up, because I've given up hope that the inch is going away.

As far as the shirt, you guys got to be shitting me. It's a freakin' ocbd from years ago that I simply had the collar replaced on. I have 4 or 5 like it with the white collar that were one of my first bespoke pieces. They were also from when I was 155, now I'm 172, and my chest, shoulders, arms carry most of the extra weight, so the sleeves are a little short, and chest a bit tighter than I'd like. Its frustrating as shit because while I work out so I can get bigger and see gains, a lot of my shit doesn't fit consistently at all, even my bespoke stuff, of which I can still wear only a handful of pieces.

As far as the hardwood...I'll work on it inland.

7. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

What a clusterfuck this has become. Yay.

8. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Quick update: not dressed casually; but dressed awesomely.

Thank you.

9. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

I know. It's like I have synesthesia of the leather jacket. Anyways, like it overall though. good post.

10. black_umbrella

update. Wearing pajamas.

And it is awesome.

11. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

My hair is soft and luxurious. Tres Flores does the trick.

Rob, the non-printed shirts seem to look better.

GDL, that jacket looks like buddah. I don't mind sneakers, but those look like a pair of skate shoes.

12. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Well, that someone could actually be most people out there. I mean, even though here in SF we bust each other balls telling one another that we don´t know shit about style or fashion, the fact is that we know a hell of a lot more than the majority of people on the streets. A person could see someone as Fuuma and think he put a lot of thought into his outfit and think, but the same thing goes for someone wearing a three piece suit, cufflinks and a pocket square. Some might think: "what the hell is this dude wearing?" But WE wouldn´t. I see someone like spoo or upr_crust and, for me, they look amazing. Upr in particular is my favorite poster in MC. I wish one day I could own at least 1/3 of his wardrobe, and wear my clothes as rakishly as he does. He looks awesome in his DB jackets or three-piece suits. But I know if I dressed like that everyday, people might look at me funny. Hell, I put on a blazer and shirt and suddenly to people I´m all dressed up.

13. black_umbrella

I'm not sure why people are hating on GDL's shoes. They're great.

They're not that far from chucks. How can that be bad?

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I understand - some of JW's tweaks on classic items (here the suede brogue boot) can seem a little unusual for some, especially in MC. I personally, would wear JW from head to toe everyday if I could

I don't get the comment about sk8 shoes though... and I used to skateboard :roma:

15. black_umbrella

I can't tell you how many times I'm wearing a sportcoat and tie and someone asks me why I'm wearing a suit.