• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Overcoat: J. Hilburn via Luxeswap
Shirt: Spier MTM lightweight oxford in "red" university stripe
Belt: trafalgar, too big, but I like it, just need to punch some extra holes.
Jeans: Calvin Klein
Socks: SuitSupply linen blend
Shoes: Meermin on the old, old Beat last
Bag: J. Crew Tote I got for like... under $2, shipped. J. Crew is weird.

Imperatores

Reaction score
View attachment 1686515
View attachment 1686516

Sport Coat — Spier and Mackay
OCBD — Drake's
Jeans — Sid Mashburn
Belt and Chukkas — Crockett & Jones
This looks fantastic! A gray tweed jacket with jeans can very easily look a bit old-mannish, but you've completely avoided that here. This is probably one of the most youthful looking executions of that combo I've ever seen, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Probably a combination of fit, posture, choice of footwear and just the right shade of denim. The Neapolitan cut sport coat helps a lot too. Well done!

Is that the Harris tweed jacket S&M ran a few years ago?

inTROYspection

Reaction score
This looks fantastic! A gray tweed jacket with jeans can very easily look a bit old-mannish, but you've completely avoided that here. This is probably one of the most youthful looking executions of that combo I've ever seen, and I can't quite put my finger on why. Probably a combination of fit, posture, choice of footwear and just the right shade of denim. The Neapolitan cut sport coat helps a lot too. Well done!

Is that the Harris tweed jacket S&M ran a few years ago?
Thank you—very kind! Yes, it's the Harris tweed jacket from S&M.

And I hear you re: tweed sometimes looking fuddy-duddy. I bought a herringbone tweed balmacaan last winter and on the few occasions that I wore it, I felt like I should probably be 40+ to properly pull it off, and my wife (enthusiastically) agreed. There was something about it, hard to pinpoint, as you said. Maybe it was a combination of the cut and the colour—beige and black—that made me feel old (read: not wise) beyond my years.

MaE

Reaction score
I was able to buy some interesting Paraboot “ugly tyrolean shoes” (even my girlfriend likes them, what surprised me) in Burgundy last week. Mandatory picture of the shoes, one of my outfits in the vineyards (for those of you speaking French, the name of the “Clos” is quite amusing…) and one picturing, well… what you do in Burgundy: drink great wine and eat nice charcuterie and delicious cheese.

3E031A37-73DC-4AC0-8EA6-B3A491EE0AA7.jpeg
4ABA6E46-0C0F-456C-988E-8680A69E7E18.jpeg
A7376E3D-4206-4932-B1F2-A284487882DF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.