• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's attire is driven by the mixed bag of errands I have to perform this afternoon - first, an appointment at Cartier to find out what has happened to my vintage Le Must de Cartier tank watch, which has been languishing in repair since mid-November, then an appointment at Walgreen's to get my first COVID vaccine. Walgreen's requires a short-sleeved shirt; Cartier requires attire giving me enough street cred that I can put up a fuss if I don't like what they have to say to me, and not come off like an oaf. As I said, a mixed bag . . .

Sports jacket - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole (made of a cotton jersey with Elastane - essentially, a high-grade sweat shirt)
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Levi's
Boots - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the casual use of flannel/dress trousers like this. It's a look I often go for as well.

Nice suit, and especially the pockets!

I'm not sure what it is, but I think the shirt is a bit much. Have you considered a chambray shirt with this?
No :)

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't know if I'm ready to wear a tie when I'm only working from home.
I've also downgraded from the ties, but I end up wearing interesting knitwear which I normally sport at home anyway. Channeling my inner Thomas Jefferson:

President Thomas Jefferson was never a fan of formal affairs, and was often reported to have worn his pajamas while meeting with Foreign dignitaries. On one such occasion, when meeting with British Minister to the U.S., Andrew Merry, he wore his PJ’s. Needless to say, Andrew Merry was not amused and he was later quoted as saying, “I, in my official costume, found myself at the hour of reception he had himself appointed, introduced to a man as president of the United States, not merely in an undress, but actually standing in slippers down to the heels, and both pantaloons, coat and under-clothes indicative of utter slovenliness and indifference to appearances, and in a state of negligence actually studied.”

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy