• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Love the colour scheme here. Where are those trousers from?
The colour match is fantastic. Reminds me of classic sports cars I've seen with blue exteriors and cream/ brown interiors. Or WW2 fighter planes that were blue underneath and brown-ish on the top (except flipped, of course).

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the colour scheme here. Where are those trousers from?
The colour match is fantastic. Reminds me of classic sports cars I've seen with blue exteriors and cream/ brown interiors. Or WW2 fighter planes that were blue underneath and brown-ish on the top (except flipped, of course).
Thank you very much. Those trousers are from Uniqlo. I got them more than a year ago but haven't worn them much.

I really like this colour scheme as well.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Those trousers are from Uniqlo. I got them more than a year ago but haven't worn them much.

I really like this colour scheme as well.
Uniqlo? Cool, one of my favourites! Do you happen to remember the name of the style?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Uniqlo? Cool, one of my favourites! Do you happen to remember the name of the style?
I'm sorry, I don't recall. They're standard chinos but I don't know the exact model. They might be the vintage chinos the sell now.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. How many suede Valstar jackets do you have?
Two - the dark brown and the beige-y one. This one is by Baldassari for a local store. I've also got a no-name tobacco suede A-1 jacket that's got more of a thicker lining than the others.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has been cold and wet for the last 36 hours or so, and is only supposed to clear later this afternoon - not weather conducive to getting elaborately dressed up, hence today's more casual attire.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both brands now consigned to the dustbin of sartorial history)
Shirt and suede vest - Brooks Brothers
Trousers - Levi's
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Boots - Magnanni
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4626.JPG
IMG_4627.JPG
IMG_4628.JPG
IMG_4630.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC has been cold and wet for the last 36 hours or so, and is only supposed to clear later this afternoon - not weather conducive to getting elaborately dressed up, hence today's more casual attire.

Sports jacket - Chester Barrie via Austin Reed (both brands now consigned to the dustbin of sartorial history)
Shirt and suede vest - Brooks Brothers
Trousers - Levi's
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Boots - Magnanni
Cap - Paul Stuart
Face mask - New & Lingwood

View attachment 1487272View attachment 1487273View attachment 1487274View attachment 1487275View attachment 1487276
I really like this look without the jacket. I think this particular jacket isn’t best for jeans. I think it is too long and the shoulders are too wide for you. A different jacket or no jacket is the way to go IMO. The vest and boots are amazing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's