• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a Collaro flight jacket? Looks great! I've been eyeing several of their jackets since they launched the outerwear selection online, but I'm waiting for the FW fabrics to drop.

Looks like the shoulder slope is a bit off, though.
Yep, that it is!

I have slightly forward shoulders which I think contributes to the rippling on the front panels. I've been chatting with Collaro about addressing it. I went with my standard size, but it also feels like the front panels are just a bit too big.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I have slightly forward shoulders which I think contributes to the rippling on the front panels. I've been chatting with Collaro about addressing it. I went with my standard size, but it also feels like the front panels are just a bit too big.

That's interesting. I have slightly forward shoulders myself (one more so than the other), so now I'm a bit worried. The armholes aren't too small either? Am I right in assuming that's the honey brown denim? A heavier wool fabric should be a bit more forgiving, I would think.

Are the sleeves lined, btw?

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I have slightly forward shoulders myself (one more so than the other), so now I'm a bit worried. The armholes aren't too small either? Am I right in assuming that's the honey brown denim? A heavier wool fabric should be a bit more forgiving, I would think.

Are the sleeves lined, btw?
No, plenty of room in the arm hole. This is the honey denim, and it's still a tiny bit stiff. Looking forward to wearing it in. No lining anywhere on this jacket.

samtalkstyle

Reaction score
Safari in green flannel

img_2236.jpg

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice 86. Daily or weekend car?
It's relegated to weekends only, mostly to thrash at the track or occasional autocross. I don't enjoy it on the street that much anymore tbh... Loud exhaust, firm ride, race compound brakes that squeal something fierce. But on the track? Awesome.

Thanks!

cr2596

Reaction score
It's relegated to weekends only, mostly to thrash at the track or occasional autocross. I don't enjoy it on the street that much anymore tbh... Loud exhaust, firm ride, race compound brakes that squeal something fierce. But on the track? Awesome.

Thanks!
Had a feeling, considering the wheel/tire package + willow woods. I miss driving sports cars the way they’re intended. I sold one and am trying to sell the other; no use for them where I currently live. Enjoy your weekends and all the lovely sensations that car produces.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Sunday! Got a bit of dadcore going on for a family day out to Liberty Island. Not really classic enough for CM, but not really edgy/workwear enough for SWD. It was still a beautiful fall day in the city!
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200920114735205_COVER~6.jpg

For those that may be curious: yes, I was socially distanced (nearest stranger was about 100 ft away) and my mask is in my pocket (went right back on after the pic).

Cheers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics