• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Ten days to go...

FC mask Compo-4.jpg

Reactions: EFV

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
When you've got that nice look with the shirt and shorts going, why bother? Get yourself a breezy linen shirt to throw on top, sleeves rolled up haphazardly, maybe one button fastened.
Or if you really want to do a jacket try an inherently casual one like an Epaulet Doyle in linen or sashiko. With the sleeves rolled.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems forced.
Agree. The whole thing is a contrived fallacy of logic.
Cold enough to need a jacket? - Cold enough for grown men strides.
Hot enough to eschew your dignity and wear shorts*? - Hot enough that you don’t need a jacket!

*Beach, pool, gym, sports, tropical holidays get a pass of course!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agree. The whole thing is a contrived fallacy of logic.
Cold enough to need a jacket? - Cold enough for grown men strides.
Hot enough to eschew your dignity and wear shorts*? - Hot enough that you don’t need a jacket!

*Beach, pool, gym, sports, tropical holidays get a pass of course!
There are plenty of people who want to keep their torso/neck/arms warmer while wearing shorts. Wearing a sportcoat might not be the best way to do it, but it's hardly a logical fallacy

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.