• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Would have preferred dark brown shoes for this last one, but both of these corduroy suit with sweater fits are very nice.

Who makes the sweaters?

#dadcore

Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Would have preferred dark brown shoes for this last one, but both of these corduroy suit with sweater fits are very nice.

Who makes the sweaters?
Those are the RL shell cordovan Marlows, they are dark brown from some angles, but the camera caught them at their lightest. I agree with you conceptually though, there needs to be contrast.

Here they are in my office, you can see they have a wide variation in color depending on the angle the light hits each panel.

IMG_0220.jpg

As for the sweaters, the one under the green suit is an O'Connell's shetland. The one under the brown suit is a linen Inis Meain.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
I wouldn't wear these pieces together; though I have no problems with anything you're wearing.

What is the basis of the disagreement?
she didn’t like the color of the vest. Preferred navy,or if I was going to wear the burgundy she preferred a white OCB.

she also thought the silk square was too much with tweed.

Patrologia

Reaction score
she didn’t like the color of the vest. Preferred navy,or if I was going to wear the burgundy she preferred a white OCB.

she also thought the silk square was too much with tweed.
I hate to disagree with wives, but I entirely disagree that a silk square is too much with tweed. I might (or might not!) go with a more muted color for the square, but I think that's great.
I agree with the earlier comment that I see no problem with the top half of the fit, I like it very much.
Where I lose you is either with the cords or with the shoes. I could keep one but not the other. If you keep the shoes, I would want to trousers in a cooler color. Not sure what I'd recommend, but not tan.
Or you could change the shoes to a brown and be fine. Burgundy would be fine as well.

emptym

Reaction score
Warm fleece in the morning,

then switched to an old jacket I wore a lot around 20 yrs ago

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%