• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

but in both cases their strong interest in clothes was/is basically a reflection of their complete vacuity, and of their uselessness in the areas of life which actually mean something.
Yep. And I can identify with that.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have to say I think the obsession with the old Duke of Windsor and Prince Charles is one of the worst things about mens clothing forums. Both were/are well dressed, of course, but in both cases their strong interest in clothes was/is basically a reflection of their complete vacuity, and of their uselessness in the areas of life which actually mean something. I can understand people posting the odd picture of both for examples of specific things like fit/colour coordination - which, in a way, is what you have done - but the constant references to them suggest that they are something to aspire to. Both were/are vain, stupid men. And I'm no republican.

Sorry for the rant.

Do you look at Appreciation and complain the women are completely vacuous and useless in the areas of life that actually mean something?

banis

Reaction score

Don't feel the trousers (colour &amp; pattern) are doing this look any favours (esp with your rather pale complexion). Shirt and shoes look nice, but I think a darker (or lighter) pair of trousers would have worked better. That pair seem a little too 70s-brown to me.</p>

Thanks for your comment. I don't think that lighter colour would have been better.
There is a better picture of those trousers from maybe a year ago.
172504--38672019-m750x740-u5122a.jpg

Pembers

Reaction score

Do you look at Appreciation and complain the women are completely vacuous and useless in the areas of life that actually mean something?

I don't watch Appreciation for lifestyle guidance, though.

No one makes THAT mistake twice.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't sure whether this belongs in the regular thread or the casual one, so figured I'd ensure maximum pollution by x-posting to both... :p

luQRZ.jpg

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't watch Appreciation for lifestyle guidance, though.

No one makes THAT mistake twice.

Lufty and Pembers - thank you both for your hilarious, witty and informative exhange!

I really needed a good laugh this morning! :rotflmao:

Pembers - If I may ask - how old are you again? You strike me as being a young man with interesting potential.

Pembers

Reaction score

Lufty and Pembers - thank you both for your hilarious, witty and informative exhange!

I really needed a good laugh this morning! :rotflmao:

Pembers - If I may ask - how old are you again? You strike me as being a young man with interesting potential.

Thanks Gdot. :)

I turned 20 exactly a week ago. Going into my final year at university next term.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
chrisb: interesting belt. Not my taste, I must admit, but I've seen a fair few examples of this double-buckle bondage-lite sort of style. Seems to be pretty popular at the moment (moreso in womenswear I think).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads