• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

My first foray into the world of low-light photography...
[COLOR=22229C] [/COLOR]​
You do a lot of casual looks that would be improved by wearing some sleek zip or chelsea boots, especially when a pseudo-70s dress shirt is involved. This makes it a little bit less business casual and maybe more mod, yeah?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

^^ :rotflmao:
Final day of vacation then back to work tomorrow :(
Brown1.jpg

w/ scarf (couldn't decide at first but eventually went with it):
Brown2.jpg

Brown3.jpg

Brown6.jpg

Brown7.jpg

Henley: W+H
Cardigan: Jack Spade
Scarf: Panta
Jeans: Borrelli
Overcoat: Borrelli
Shoes: Sutor Mantellassi
Watch: Yachtmaster

Do you have a ponytail? I bet you had an amazing time in Thailand and are all spiritual and ****, you probably work in conflict resolution and masturbate in your bath while scented candles burn and world music plays in the background. Maybe it is time to either give up the henleys with bizzcazz or tone down the bracelets and necklace? Oh and scarves are worn over sweaters, **** that spazzatura bullshit All at once and you remind me of Californians who do zen meditation and surf.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

1-2127.jpg

2-176.jpg

3-126.jpg

Logo belt, hybrid shoes and zip sweater are absolute DON'T, bag looks good. Oh you're Russian, nevermind.:devil:

I understand you're going for a rugged traveler look or something (lots of business guys seem to dig that stuff), you'd look much nicer with jodhpur boots (yeah 15 secs more at the airport, who cares?) and a rougher looking belt to wear with jeans. I guess you can keep the H buckle if you like it but get a belt that is casual not formal. I personally can't stand zip sweaters and would replace with a v-neck or heavy cardigan.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

well, it's true. anyway. he is a very sympathico dude.
actually, i don't understand the system how they rate what is good or bad. it's pretty intransparent to me.

They're like the Heideggerian gentleman choosing his suits in the sense that they know what works when they look at it but don't have to formally define it as the whole thing is organic and linked to lifestyle, education and a holistic approach. The problem with MC is that it is based on clothing fetish; parts are focussed upon (and sometimes garments without even including the body), salivated upon and processed separately (then patched together) which explains the shoe/the rest dichotomy we both complain about.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think Vox and I are both Tintin fans; I learned to read with Tintin albums and some trippy psychedelic french comic books for the young children of post-hippy bobos. I still avoid the haircut, it makes me think of North American suburban white boys of the 90s who drank Jägermeister and wore Tommy Hilfiger but weren't as douchey as guidos. They're probably HR managers by now.

It's a consequence of sleeping face down and not showering, something with which you are also familiar.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love hwen Fuuma goes on a tear. :nodding:

Steedy Gent

Reaction score
You want to do your photos better- they're pretty good now. Try outside, try one good full body shot before the detail shots. The odd angles makes it harder to judge the clothes.
As for the fit- I don't think the pocket square is worth it. It sort of marks you as trying hard, given that you're wearing jeans. That's not a rule, it is just what's going on here.

Thanks j_t. I'll have to do a little more work to get a full body shot, but you're right, the odd angles suck. And you're also right about the trying too hard.
biggrin.gif
It's easy for n00bs like me to see some of the other fits posted around here and think that we can jump in at that level. I appreciate the feedback.

Steedy Gent

Reaction score
This would look better with a white shirt.

Duly noted. Thanks for commenting! Last time I wore that jacket it actually was with a white shirt and a dark brown v-neck and it seemed a good combination. Since I'm just learning, I tend to want to try something new all the time rather than sticking with what has been proven to work. Bad logic, I know!

Steedy Gent

Reaction score
And I think we have the new thread rating scale.
On the Chastity Belt for Men scale:
EMartNJ: 10
SteedyGent : 7
Holdfast: 5
Cobera: 2-3, depending on how she feels about bit loafers

Ha! That's funny! Not quite as funny as it would be if I weren't on the list, but funny nonetheless.
smile.gif

I wouldn't dare rebut the SF members opinions, because receiving them is exactly why I'm here (and I realize that it's all in good fun). BUT, I will say that IRL, my chastity belt rating seems to be a bit lower than reflected here (not that it really matters because I am completely committed to my wife, but...) last week a woman with whom I had spent about 20 minutes in the course of my job that day called the receptionist at my office and asked if I was single! It was a nice confidence booster and I really have to give some credit to you guys here at SF. I've been making an effort to practice what I'm learning here and it's having an effect on the way people treat and interact with me. So...thanks!

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yeah the World Stuck Back- I'm in a snow storm now.

I really have to give some credit to you guys here at SF.  I've been making an effort to practice what I'm learning here and it's having an effect on the way people treat and interact with me. So...thanks!

You've got to go track down Acridsheep's diagram now, while you still have a chance.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This outfit is like a chastity belt for men, the sweater is especially heinous. I would pair those shoes (great colour!) with raw jeans and wear an appropriate (i.e. non vomit inducing) sweater like those Mr. K often wears. The shirt can stay...

cheers.gif
I haven't worn that sweater since then. Argyle doesn't quite work with my personality or age, socks notwithstanding. argyle socks = fun argyle sweaters = stuffy. Shoes are Alfred Sargent and easily my favorite pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads