1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

:thumbs-up:

My cufflinks are red. This square has navy in the middle of the diamonds. I was trying to play off both. Maybe not perfect. It's also a pretty chunky linen so I don't know how well i'd be able to get the little "poof" going some of the guys around here are able to do. I do like that look though.

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Adding cuff-links to a SC&jeans fit seems unnecessary.

For the square I'd have gone for something subtle in blue and brown, or left it out entirely. The red detracts from an otherwise good casual fit.

As far as folds go: just stuff it in there. No need to poof and no need to overthink things.

3. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

This shirt is too casual for cufflinks period. There's no way around it. I wear it maybe twice a year. The cufflinks are super casual too. See picture below:

4. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

Red links. 20190211_110902.jpeg

5. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

6. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

Am I going to whip out my 24k & tiger eye bars with jeans? My 14k lion heads with ruby eyes and diamond mouths?

I don't like this shirt. It's too casual for cufflinks. I can't put nice links in it and if I wear these recycled firefighter hoses (yes, literally) that my brother gave out as groomsmen gifts at his wedding (yes, literally), it looks equally bad.

So the shirt stays in the back of my closet until 150 days have gone by and I think to myself, "myself, maybe today is the day." And then every time I wear it, I end up regretting it and then in another 150 or so days, I forget and think maybe today is the day. It's not. It never is. I should just get rid of this shirt.

7. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

Full disclosure: My position on cufflinks is that I do not like cufflinks. But if you do, cool. Having said that, not every fit needs them.

This is one of those fits.

8. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

No, the shirt is fine. Just buy some navy knot cufflinks. Just keep it simple, with no gimmicky accessories and it'll be fine.

9. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

10. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

I like that suggestion. Maybe the shirt will stay.

11. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Distinguished Member

I’ve got a bunch of silk knot cufflinks in various colours (black, navy, red, gold ...) if you’re interested PM me otherwise they’re going on eBay.

If you buy them off me and I see you posting pictures with silk knot cufflinks in your lapel buttonhole I’ll demand double payment or else you’ll get a visit from Vinnie the Enforcer. I hate that shit!

12. once a day

once a day Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Might be pushing it too much towards the Street section, anyhow we're having a casual Monday here in Hong Kong.

once a day jogger suit in VBC Wool Silk Fabric
    Uniqlo Turtleneck
    Filson Bag
    Ebbets Flannel Cap
    Converse All stars
    casual_VBC Wool Silk_Jogger Suit_3.JPG casual_VBC Wool Silk_Jogger Suit_1.JPG casual_VBC Wool Silk_Jogger Suit_2.JPG

13. Eli Curt

Eli Curt Senior Member

I agree.

14. gr8man

gr8man Well-Known Member

Thanks, few weeks back they had other color on their tricker's outlet website. good luck! They are very sturdy and aging beautifully, totally recommend them.

15. flipstah

flipstah Distinguished Member

-24c ? Fuck that

8C54C1BB-C80E-4903-B1C1-26F723F3D5D5.jpeg

6ADBFBCE-42D7-4200-B797-23DE9AA440CB.jpeg