• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

inlandisland

Reaction score
Shawl collar sweater vest, plaid shirt and dark denim:

:)

Sorry - I had to do it.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was 70 today. That was awesome, too bad I was inside for all of it.

1_31_12.jpg

I know my sleeves are short. I guess I'm a 36 rather than 35

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also that sheen is starch, and will fade with wear

uniqlo raw denim > gap garbage / apc ns

Thank you and thank you for the obvious. Also the denim had been washed twice and still has that similar texture, so...

I was just responding to his question and posting the outfit. Not claiming that my low-level casual was the know-all end-all

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

It was 70 today. That was awesome, too bad I was inside for all of it.
1_31_12.jpg

I know my sleeves are short. I guess I'm a 36 rather than 35

Shirt sucks. Nice shoes.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uniqlo raw denim > gap garbage / apc ns

so for that cut would I want uniqlo's regular fit or skinny? I may be a bit racist but I'm assuming asian denim tends to run a bit smaller, and my legs are pretty thick.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
el argentino not criticizing you - just the idea that you can purchase jeans for a 'sheeny look'

denim looks fine, although i personally wouldn't buy gap

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what jeans "wash" would you choose for your "One Jean"?
i am looking for a decent pair of straight leg jeans in a dark wash ...

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on that thread for newbs I'm trying to do the whole harmony thing. I figured its liable to be warm out tomorrow afternoon by the time I get to work, but it'll be effing freezing when I leave the house at 630, so I figured I'd try to build a layered ensemble on the whole principle of harmony, that makes sense on each level, and I think I avoided the whole pattern bingo thing this time, its far from perfect, but this is the only one I'll be posting or wearing. There's a grey knit cap going on over my rats nest hair, I just didn't feel like digging it out.
I'm a little unsure of the shoes, too. I'm not sure if they're too washed out, may go with the dark brown strands if the consensus is that they'd look better. please let me know.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if you want something simple, altho' it sounds cliched, Levi's are still easily the most reliable, basic go to.... dark 501 or 514... otherwise ....
http://www.styleforum.net/t/55144/i...-jean-thread-for-beginners-ask-questions-here
jeans can get complicated!

Bad part of levis is that they fade like crazy. Think steve jobs crazy.

Romeo, you live in LA, there are probably a billion jean boutiques in a 3 mile radius. Typical initial suggestions are:

APC new standard
Nudie dry - lots of fits, you'll need to try them on to figure it out.

The uniqlo is a good suggestion, but again, jeans on the interwebs be dangerous....

those are the typical MC standards. I think NOBD typically wears APC's, so you can look at his as a reference.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Based on that thread for newbs I'm trying to do the whole harmony thing. I figured its liable to be warm out tomorrow afternoon by the time I get to work, but it'll be effing freezing when I leave the house at 630, so I figured I'd try to build a layered ensemble on the whole principle of harmony, that makes sense on each level, and I think I avoided the whole pattern bingo thing this time, its far from perfect, but this is the only one I'll be posting or wearing. There's a grey knit cap going on over my rats nest hair, I just didn't feel like digging it out.
I'm a little unsure of the shoes, too. I'm not sure if they're too washed out, may go with the dark brown strands if the consensus is that they'd look better. please let me know.

Please get some proper length pants. I don't know if you're striving for a Thom Browne-esque getup but it just looks affected. Cardigan + vest = affected. *******, the whole thing looks affected. You've obviously got some nice pieces. Stop layering so much **** on and just dress simply. Check Stanley Or Gnatty the past few pages.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics