1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acecow, Jul 6, 2011.

1. joacimbylehn

joacimbylehn Senior Member

To me, jacket looks to boxy, and the heavily padded shoulders doesn't help. Some gentle tapering of the trousers would be nice too. Shoes aren't to my taste at all, but regardless, they're far too casual for a suit imho.

2. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Distinguished Member

I think it is about time that we do another Friday Challenge at SF. Therefore I took the liberty to create the Album Cover Challenge.

I do realise that it could be a little tricky but on the other hand I have given participants a lot of freedom in how they want to interpret the challenge. The challenge is open both to CM and SWD entries.

I know that there are many music fans on SF, now it's your time to shine!

3. Epicure

Epicure Senior Member

Thanks, good to know. Now if I can just figure out sizing, I'll be good to go.

4. #dadcore

#dadcore Senior Member

7E05FBCE-7CC3-48BB-9B32-7F66DD42EC9F.jpeg
    Jacket-Aspesi
    Turtleneck-18East
    Cords- Engineered Garments
    Boots- Brooks Brothers

5. SmoothLefty

SmoothLefty Well-Known Member

The jacket looks great. How heavy is it? Similar to a Barbour Beaufort? I've been thinking of getting the Filson jacket for a couple years since Barbour jackets have comically short sleeves; I haven't been able to find one to try on and it seems like they're long/tall are never in stock. Also, were you able to find it on sale?

6. Kappelan

Kappelan Distinguished Member

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Those buttons are awesome! Great looking watch too, love the strap.

8. md2010

md2010 Distinguished Member

A58CD216-8C0E-41DD-B2E0-BFD76FC56561.jpeg 9D54084E-7654-41F3-A491-7E71AF36F142.jpeg Today - PRL Blue suede A1 & Orange knit, Rugby RL grey chino. Mjb check shirt. This week I have gone all casual for the whole week. Terrible weather in Sydney; been raining all week. Hope to suit up next week. Have a great weekend gents.

9. sebastian mcfox

sebastian mcfox Distinguished Member

Where did you score the Astorflex? Any local Aussie sellers? Found one place but they wanted $100 USD to ship to Oz :/

10. Alocin

Alocin Senior Member

I just checked End as I know they carry Astorflex. And it looks like it’s $25AU for shipping but free after $300. Hopefully that wasn’t from where you checked.

I have yet to pull the trigger since I never saw a pair in action but Gerry is very convincing.

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Distinguished Member

12. SonnyUte

SonnyUte Well-Known Member

I have two Barbour jackets: A Bedale beater and a Beaufort in good condition.
    This is about the length of the Beaufort, but fits trimmer. As you noted the sleeves are longer.
    The waxed cotton in the Filson Mile Marker is just a bit lighter, it seems. The Filson moleskin collar is luxurious when turned up.
    I picked up the one and only that happened to show up in my local Nordstrom Rack. Just my size (regular medium) in the color I preferred. Filson calls it “Otter Green.”And yes it was on sale!

13. SmoothLefty

SmoothLefty Well-Known Member

I just checked Nordstrom Rack's site and they have Otter Green on sale for $199. The only size left is mine: XL. I probably need an XL-Long but I'll give the XL a shot thanks to NR's free shipping and returns. Thanks for the information!

14. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Distinguished Member

E84548A4-6EF1-407F-A7D8-C87D46914818.jpeg BD11EA26-FCC8-4360-AE66-E28873FE1387.jpeg

15. cashchie

cashchie Member

You really just can't go wrong with orange and blue can you ?