• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DapperAndy

Reaction score
A292299C-CC6C-407F-9873-DFE156EE55B4.jpeg
Summer morning phone call with my sister.
Shirt: Levi’s
Jeans: Levi’s
Shoes: Unlabeled Suede Chukka Desert Boots
Belt: Trafalgar
Watch: Timeforce Chronograph
Phone: iPhone

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's still hot and humid here in NYC, with some relief coming after tomorrow, so it's back to linen trousers and sport shirts. Today's shoe choice is something of an experiment, and today's hat is a new purchase, bought on the cheap yesterday.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - To Boot New York, via Saks Fifth Ave,
Hat - Peter Grimm

IMG_8202.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG
IMG_8200.JPG
IMG_8201.JPG

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very casual for a cool and damp Sunday morning in Oslo. Fairly quiet, but the locals we did encounter seemed friendly enough...
Oslo Kingy crop.jpg

Oslo tart.JPG

Lightweight quilt - Uniqlo
BD - J Crew
Jeans - Wrangler
Sneakers - Lanvin (which later got soaked on only their second outing)
Bag - Battenwear NYC

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather this morning in NYC is warm and rainy - not a combo that inspires one to dress well, certainly. Dressing defensively then, to end a week without a necktie . . .

Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Cole-Haan

IMG_8205.JPG
IMG_8206.JPG
IMG_8204.JPG

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moved to more appropriate thread...

Last edited:

SplurgeFrugal

Reaction score
seersucker-jacket-altered-new-850x1203.jpg

My attire today and my best defense against 90 degrees and high-desert monsoon season humidity. The jacket is an inexpensive cotton center-vented seersucker sportscoat. It fit like a sack, so I altered the jacket, made it ventless, and trimmed the silhouette and waist for a slimmer fit. After first purchasing a sewing machine about six months ago, I've become confident enough to make just about any alterations needed. The silk tie is Lauren, Ralph Lauren, and the cotton shirt is by Hathaway, both purchased for $1.00 each at Salvation Army Thrift. The jacket cost $12.00 (new with tags) on Poshmark.com. The total investment for this outfit was less than $20.00 (including the slacks). Cost for alterations... only my time.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possibly the first picture ever posted in this thread showing both saddle shoes and a saddle. (It's around 115F here today.)

P1110953.jpg

Jos. A. Banks hat, Barbour shirt, Leatherman belt (with my initials embroidered on it), Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds saddle shoes.

May have been out in the Sun too long. Getting a strange feeling some of the cacti are watching me.

IMG_0919.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads