• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

joacimbylehn

Reaction score
I usually dont wear belts anymore save for my denim and low rise chinos or dress pants..This particular pair has side tab adjusters with suspender buttons so a belts not needed.. tbh once I discovered suspenders, the use of belts dropped dramatically for me
Interesting. I tried suspenders but I find them quite uncomfortable, pulling down on my shoulders all day long. It might be me not having found the perfect setting yet, but I'm not converted. I'll keep using the side adjusters for now.

steveabdn

Reaction score
Interesting. I tried suspenders but I find them quite uncomfortable, pulling down on my shoulders all day long. It might be me not having found the perfect setting yet, but I'm not converted. I'll keep using the side adjusters for now.
Make sure your trousers are loose enough to allow them to hang at the appropriate place. If they're too tight your waist will naturally push them down and then they're fighting against the suspenders and creating a "load" on your shoulders. If you have side adjusters on those trousers, try loosening them off a little, set the suspenders at the correct height to maintain the waist of the trousers at the desired level and your suspenders should only be supporting the actual weight of the trousers

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a break from linen trousers, for an old pair of unfashionably loose tropical wool pants, loose being a virtue in today's heat and humidity, and topped off with a new linen cap.

Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Trousers and cap - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_8196.JPG
IMG_8195.JPG
IMG_8197.JPG
IMG_8194.JPG

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Delands

Reaction score

Alocin

Reaction score
Thank you! @cunning47 is correct. And yes they are over at Kent Wang! But be sure to go off their size chart because they run very small.

Peter1

Reaction score
I've got that Le Laboureur jacket, and did two things to make it fit better (the size 3 fit me in the arms but was a bit big in the shoulders). First, I washed it in the machine to get the stiffness out of the wool and to shrink it a tiny bit overall, and then took it to a tailor and had the sides taken in 1". Still boxy but not square. It's an exceptionally cool coat that always gets compliments. And, it was 150 euros here in France.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.