• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New sportcoat and shirt. Thoughts? Posted here as I don't think it fits in with the MC WAYWRN thread.

I like the blue donegal. I was eyeing a Richard James blue donegal at Mr. Porter, but it sold out immediately upon hitting 70% off, as you might expect.

Blue donegal seems like a nice solution to the "I don't want a navy blazer" blue jacket problem.

to OTC: are we talking high tops here? If so, you might want to tell converse to get them off their target shoes....

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like the blue donegal. I was eyeing a Richard James blue donegal at Mr. Porter, but it sold out immediately upon hitting 70% off, as you might expect.
Blue donegal seems like a nice solution to the "I don't want a navy blazer" blue jacket problem.
to OTC: are we talking high tops here? If so, you might want to tell converse to get them off their target shoes....

Low-tops...and it is a different kind of star than the high tops.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha too bad! My mentality was that I already had a navy blazer and didn't feel like a grey one. Earth tones were on low priority so I wanted to try out this blue donegal. Glad I did. I wanted something really casual.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine, emart (I like the shoes) - but what it brings to mind to me is how hard it is to wear chinos and not look like biz-cas.

Everytime I do it I feel like I'm in IT trying to make a good impression on the managers.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice combinations and how refreshing to not have to read the tiresome refrain 'excuse the ****** iPhone pics'. It all seems very close fitting though, which makes the proportions look a bit :foo:ish. Welcome to SF.

inlandisland

Reaction score
Yesterday

*self-made pocket square with hand-rolled edges (accidentally deleted the detail shot).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What's effeminate about it?

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea, definitely nothing effeminate about it. Not a fan of the tiny collar though...

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newly thrifted GAP cotton SC.
Lands' End black gingham shirt.
Levis 514
AE brushed leather bals.

If you can guess the location of my shoot, you'll win the pocket square.

P1120370-2-1.jpg

P1120369-1.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads