• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like this fit and the picture itself. In fact, I enjoyed seeing these snaps from your vacation! Thanks for posting.
Thanks. I tend to like my vacation outfits. I can only wear what's in my suitcase so the outfits tend to be simpler and cleaner looking. A bit removed from my wearing all the things looks.

Also, when packing, I don't create outfits. I just pick a bunch of shirts and pants and hope for the best. I usually bring a few extras pants and shirts just to have options.

shrink1061

Reaction score
I've never submitted here before... so looking through its hard to decide what the limits of casual / smart casual are. But this is my effort for the first time.

Ralph Lauren Polo Irish Linen shirt
Gant wool cashmere hopsack double breasted blazer
Charles Tyrwhitt Chinos
Gaziano & Girling Shoes
Bresciani Socks

nKnlb8Vl.jpg

Yjqkqofl.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretending that the black watch cap isn't there.

Recent AAS pics have me thinking that I can't remember a single time when a ball cap added anything positive to his fits.

AAS I'm sure you have some brimmed hats and while I realize they aren't as easy to pack for your travels, now that you're home I challenge you to every time you think you need a hat and reach for a ball cap, reach for a brimmed hat instead and see how much better it looks.

You can thank me later!:-D

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never could figure out why people spend money to buy odd looking fake flowers to put in their buttonholes when there are real flowers out there literally growing on trees (and bushes and other things) that they could get for free.

Picked this camellia off a bush earlier today while I was walking up to UCLA Med Center.

IMG_0621 2.jpg

Also showing typical Barbour collar roll in this picture and yes, I wear Madras after Labor Day. It's still hot (and humid) here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads